Bad haircut meets creepy detective #2

Gale was speaking at her seminar, answering questions. She just wanted it to be over.

When it was over she was pulled aside but some random looking guy. "Gale I would like your help with something" the guy stated. "My name is Mark Kincaid, Detective Kincaid to be exact. There had been...a murder...and I would like your not so expert opinion" Mark added. Gale nodded and saw Mark pull a piece of paper out his pocket. "This was found at the crime scene" Mark stated, giving Gale the piece of paper.

When Gale unfolded it she saw a picture of a young woman she instantly recognised as Maureen Prescott. "Maureen Prescott? Why would the killer leave a picture of Maureen Prescott at a murder scene?" Gale asked, confused.

"It was the murder of Cotton Weary and his girlfriend" Mark answered.

"Oh ye, that makes sense" Gale looked back at the picture. "Wait Cotton is dead and this was left at his body?" Gale's head shot up, suddenly worried.

Mark simply nodded.

"He was filming a cameo for STAB 3 when he was coming back home and he got a phone call. We're going to go to studio and question the director, Roman Bridger, and his girlfriend so just meet us there" Mark explained.

"Why question his girlfriend?" Gale asked, even more confused.

"You'll see when we get there Miss Weathers" Mark walked away but not before snatching the picture out of Gale's hands.

Gale knew something was off about the detective, he was creepy.

Mark had to hold himself back from telling Gale to get a different hair cut before walking away.

--

Gale had managed to sneak into the studio and ran into Dewey. "Hey" she smiled lightly.

"What are you doing here? No press allowed" Dewey rolled his eyes. Gale was slightly offended.

"What am I doing here? I'm with working with Detective Kincaid. But the better question is, what are you doing here?" Gale asked.

"I work with STAB as a technician, not that I have to tell you that" Dewey answered.

Gale was about to say something when she looked up to see a familiar face...Bethany Loomis. She was surrounded by a bunch of guys and one of them had his arm around her.

"What happened to her?" Gale asked, referring to Blair.

Blair was wearing her glasses, something Gale hadn't seen her do EVER. She was wearing a tight knee length skirt, a button up shirt that was buttoned all the way, black high heels and her dark brown Weary hair up in a bun. Blair also looked like she was taking notes on what people were saying. She almost seemed like a ghost of her old self, no longer the happy 15 year old she was 4 years ago. She was frowning and her eyebags were kind of obvious, the only person she seemed to pay attention to was the guy who had his arm around her shoulders.

"Well she has a masters in journalism and works as a writer for the movie as well as giving it good press" Dewey explained.

"Not what I asked" Gale stated, not being able to take her eyes off the girl she once knew as a bubbly person but now looks like a Zombie.

"Randy's death affected her badly that's all. She's been really throwing herself into making the movie better than the first 2" Dewey explained blandly. Gale just nodded, not knowing what to say.