connection made #10

Blair had just walked Martha to her car and got the reminder of the stuff she mentioned. Blair noticed it was a few of Randy's hoodies, the early birthday gift he got for her, a few mistapes and all their favourite horror movies. Blair put the things in a spare she kept in her office before joining Gale.

"So what are we doing?" She asked.

"We are looking for a connection between this place and Maureen Prescott" Gale answered, walking away. Blair followed, Maureen's name still sour in her mind. "Where would we find records of people who worked in the studio?" Gale asked.

"You think she was an actress?" Blair asked, knowing damn well Maureen was an actress who went by Rina Reynolds.

"I mean yeah, she wasn't wearing a staff uniform in any of the pictures. She didn't look dressed up either" Gale stated, looking at a locked door. "Mind opening that?" Gale asked looking at the card swiper.

"I don't have it with me" Blair lied, not wanting anyone to find out the truth. As much as she hated to admit it she didn't want Roman busted, it was hard without him for the evening he was away even though she felt safer.

"I have mine" Jennufer smiles and swipped it. "Guess I'm not so useless after all, am I now Miss Weathers?" Jenniffer hummed, opening the door.

"Fine but you're walking at the back" Gale stated, walking in with Blair following her. Jennifer joined the two after.

"Basements freak me out" Jennifer stated, trying to catch up with Blair and Gale as she didn't want to be too far behind. Gale and Blair looked back at her, not very impressed.

The three walked through a door and saw a lady sat at a desk. "Hello" Blair stated.

"Miss Loomis, what brings u and these two here?" The lady asks, sitting up from her chair and putting her cigarette out.

"We are looking for a woman, Maureen Prescott" Gale stated. Blair put a hand infront of Gale's face in an attempt to shut her up and let herself take over.

"We're looking for this one actress from around 30 years ago. I assume she used a stage name because we couldn't find anything about her working at the studio" Blair interrupted.

"I work for the studio not the news" the lady answered. "Sorry Bethany" she added.

As if Blair was gonna give up. "I'm a writer and I know Mr Milton personally. I want that file and I want it immediately, please and thank you" Blair stated firmly. The lady sighed, standing up and walking towards the second room. "Didn't think that would actually work, thought we'd have to pay her off" Blair shrugged, following her.

The lady opened a drawer and pulled out a file, Rina Reynolds. Blair tensed as Gale took the file and the lady walked away. She knew how quickly this could be over.

Gale opened the file and the first picture was a picture of Maureen Prescott, Blair felt sick just looking at it. This is the women that broke up her family and abandoned her boyfriend.

Jennifer grabbed the movie list. "She only did three and there were all produced by Milton" Jennifer stated, tilting the paper so the other two could see. Roman was definitely screwed, that also meant Blair was screwed because he can't keep his mouth shut.

"Im sure it means nothing. Milton produced 80% of the studio's horror movies at the time" Blair shrugged.

"We have to bring this to the detectives" Gale stated, walking out.

Blair was royally screwed.

//
A/n: the next chapter is going to be really interesting and kinda going off script so yea.