Crossing Paths

Anastasia
George and I have a meeting with GEH about taking over mom's company. If mom and dad had companies that could be merged this wouldn't happen. I don't know why GEH wants a clothing and accessories manufacturer at all. We lost the designers and to hire anyone good would costs us a lot of money. Our designers were stolen away by the bigger companies. What they offered them we couldn't meet money wise or bonus wise. So we are talking about selling the company for a portion of what it is worth. Mr Christian Grey is the only offer on the table. The CEO wanted to be a part of this meeting but mr Grey refused to allow her to attend the meeting saying she was part of the issue that caused us to lose our best designers. I found out that complaints were filed by the the three designers against Cheryl Collins for sexual harassment and she had them buried. They had no idea that the company had a new owner because Cheryl had not announced it yet. If they had came to me I would have fired her on the spot. I would have made sure that she faced charges as well.

George
He is running ten minutes late. I look at Anastasia in her business suit and heels and think she is so young and has never ran a business. I just hope this meeting goes well. Suddenly they lead us into a huge office and seat us at a conference table. There are documents in front of us. Suddenly a tall teenage boy arrives in a suit with his CEO and attorney with him. I knew that the owner of GEH was a young man but not as young as Anastasia. Soon the meeting is started after three secretaries are sitting in on the meeting. One by us one by the other attorney and one by mr Grey. Christian Grey can't be more than seventeen if that. Caleb Schwartz starts the meeting by introducing himself and the others to us as I introduce myself and Anastasia in return.

Anastasia
I am nervous and I look at Mr Grey and think that I have been to school with him or not. I know him from someplace. Then I realize he was emancipated the same day I was. It was because he was so tall that I recalled him. At five foot two inches tall he looks like a giant a six foot six inches tall. He is in better shape than I recalled, he looked like a string bean back then. Being emancipated has done wonders for him. Suddenly I am asked a question by him.

Christian
Miss Steele did you understand the question about the sexual harassment that your CEO had buried or not? Did you not know about it or did you help cover it up?

George
She just got the notification from the courts this morning. So I know for sure she knew nothing about it and she has taken steps to resolve the issue immediately. Charges were made and we have reached out to the designers who were harassed to settle with them. The court has frozen miss Collins assets immediately.

Anastasia
We can provide proof of everything if you need it mr Grey. George opens his brief case and pulls out all the copies of everything we found and have done to assure the company is not held accountable for miss Collins coverup and sexual harassment of the three designers. Charges were also filed on the designers behalf via the company.

Christian
I listen to my attorney and he asks questions about what was said and he looks over all the documents they have given to us and asks more questions. Soon we have the termination papers in front of us and we ask for them to write into the deal that we will not be liable for any and all sexual harassment law suits that will stem from any employees before this contract is filed.

Anastasia
I agree to his terms and conditions and he has the company minus law suits and one CEO who is now behind bars. The amounts he will pay over the next year will total over 60 million dollars. I will walk out of here with the first check for 5 million dollars. He also wants to by the Carla Steele brand name. I didn't know about that until now, he basically blindsided me and my attorney and it looks like his own attorney. We listen to his concerns and find out why he wants the brand name as well. His offer of 5 million dollars for it makes me wonder why so much until I realize why he wants it and needs it. No point in keeping it if I can keep the company running. So I agree to it even though George told me it would be a bad idea. He explained that we could have gotten income from him using the brand and it would be much greater than 5 million dollars a year.

Christian
I am glad that we were able to get the brand name from Miss Steele. It would make our profits so much more in the long run. The name has been around for twenty years and they keep up with the fashion trends. I took a tour of their buildings and they can change production at the drop of a hat. They were very impressive. I sign both checks and my attorney signs them as well. Both of us sign the contracts for the sell of both along with our attorneys. I can't wait to turn 18 next month. We will have one more meeting and that is to close for the buildings. The buildings are part of the company sale along with all the equipment. We are going to keep most of the staff. We are going to look at the salaries and see about getting the laborers more money and benefits. I am glad we are done with this meeting, I couldn't stop looking at Miss Steele. I hadn't heard that she was so young and beautiful. My attorney has had to keep the older women from trying to seduce me because they think they can. I was miss Steele's one and only offer to buy her out. It must be hard being a teen female trying to run two major companies. Steele Industries is on my radar next. She is more involved in that company for some reason. Word has it she has been diversifying everything she can there and has hired someone younger than her to update all their computer systems. I have tried to find out what they are doing, but can't.

Anastasia
Let's get these checks deposited right now. I will need to get the patents in my name as soon as possible. Send me the patent attorneys name George. I will need access to my trust account for the next step.

George
I will have it ready when you need it.