Part 7 Desire Vs Reality

"Bhai, come or dinner will get cold. I won't even reheat it."

Placing the plates on table, Sneha called for her brother, who was still busy in call with her Bhabhi. When her phone which was on silent mode vibrated. Looking at it she found an incoming call from an unknown number, which she thoughtlessly ignored. Then went to wash her hands, upon her return she got surprised to see notification of 10 missed calls from the same unknown number. Before she could check the number, her cell phone rang again.

"Why weren't you answering my call?"

"Pardon, Who's it?"

Confused by the statement of the caller , she asked back. As she didn't even know him, even though she felt the voice was too familiar to her ears.

"Didn't think you'd forget me within an hour."

"You? Hh from where and how do you get my number?"

Her eyes widened in surprise, on realising the identity of the speaker. Though she inquired, she didn't wish to know the answer. And raised to cut the call but stopped on hearing a warning from him. It was beyond her understanding, how he managed to gauge her intention? Without even seeing her.

"If you don't want me to revisit your home, don't cut my call."

"What do you want?"

"Solely you and entirely with love."

Speechless she clutches the phone tightly in her hand feeling absolutely ruffled by his audacious words.

"You.."

"Calm down, I just want you to keep a secret for me."

"I don't know any secrets."

Abhiraj sat up on the bed composing himself, then pulled the pillow on his lap and taking his own time replied calmly. He took her number when he was giving his own to Ankit. But didn't call or text her ever, in case she misunderstood his intention.

"You do, to avoid the dreadful consequences, don't reveal anything about me to your Brother."

"You're threatening me?"

"Threat, warning or suggestion. Think whatever, but I won't be responsible for the consequence of your disobedience."

"Why are you doing this?"

Asked Sneha, she wasn't able to understand the reason behind his irrational behaviour and threats. Since the time they met he seems to continuously threaten or force her.

"Isn't it obvious enough?"

Sneha cut the call and blocked his number feeling beyond terrified, annoyed and exhausted. (Hey kanha ji, kya kand kiya tha jo itni khatarnaak bala mere peeche pad gayi?) O Kanha Ji, what sin did I do that such evil trouble is after me? She thought in a dilemma. First his approach towards her, his lift offer, his demand for conversation, his threat, his action, unpredictable behaviour worst his arrival at her home and now the call.

"Why doesn't your Bhabhi understand my Situation. How can I leave you alone to accompany her?"

Startled by her brother's words, she came out of her thoughts. Then placed her phone down and hurriedly served him a meal on his plate.

"What happened?"

"Let's eat first then I'll tell you."

Nodding at him, she folded her hands to pray before the meal. To express gratitude to God for having the luck to eat a healthy meal.

ब्रह्मार्पणं ब्रह्म हविः ब्रह्माग्नौ ब्रह्मणा हुतम् । ब्रह्मैव तेन गन्तव्यं ब्रह्मकर्मसमाधिना ॥For those who are completely absorbed in God-consciousness, the oblation is Brahm, The ladle with which it is offered is Brahm, the act of offering is Brahm, and the sacrificial fire is also Brahm. Such persons, who view everything as God, easily attain him.