Part 17 - Battled with Nightmare

Holding a little thorn in between his fingers like a bookmark, with an open book on his lap he was smiling on own. Remain absolutely unaware of the arrival of others.

"(Ham log seedhi book pakad ke bhi nahi padh paate, aur tu, ulta pakde hue padh raha?) We can't even study by holding a book straight. And you, you are studying by holding it upside down?"

Startled by his friend's words, he looked at the book in his hand. And realised he's indeed holding it upside down feeling embarrassed he didn't dare to look up just closed the book.

"(Akele jo tum muskura rahe, kya baat jo tum chupa rahe? bata de yaara, kiske khyal diwana bana rahe?) You are smiling alone, what thing, you are hiding. Tell dear friend, whose thoughts are driving you crazy?"

"And what's this? A thorn? People keep letters, jewels, pics or gifts as souvenirs of their lover. And you keep this thorn?"

"(Koi kaam hai? ya yaha sirf bakwas karne aaye ho sab.) Have some work? Or you all come here just to spout nonsense?"

"Of course, Thanks to uncle's work we get a chance to be here. So we came to ask you about joining a new year eve party."

"You are wasting time when you know I don't attend these parties. In fact this isn't our new year eve and it's cold outside. I'd rather stay at home."

Listening to this his friends exchange glances with each other. Then they looked at him only to watch him heading upstairs towards his room.

"Is that your final decision? I mean, You won't come even after knowing she's coming to the party?"

Listening to this, his steps halted near the entrance of his room. Hand raised to open the door stills in mid air to which they smirk mischievously with a knowing smile on their face. But then to their astonishment they watch him step inside the room without answer.

"(Pyaar mein logo ki duniya badal jaati. Bas iska faisla nahi badal sakta.) In love people's world changes. But his decision cannot be changed."

"Right, people do unspeakable things in love for love. And here he can't even attend a party."

"Leave it guys, Let's go, we'll enjoy it."

Conversing with each other, they walked out of there in disappointment. Leaving their lover friend on his own to decide for himself.

_________

"That's so bizarre, And you believe in this Kajal?"

Driving calmly, questioning her friend, she waited for a reply. While fixing her makeup, she gazed at her reflection in the mirror then nodded enthusiastically.

"Of course I do Jahnvi, Who knows I'll really meet my mate of life here."

"Then what about those who already have a partner? And see others?"

"It's for fun sake."

"Exactly, finding a partner for life on the dance floor is crap they just made up for fun."

"Fine whatever."

"Be aware, we're here to enjoy not to find some Men."

Saying this Jahnvi looked at Sneha who was lost in her own thoughts smiling frequently while clutching on the pendent.

"(Khayalo ke jahaa se bahar aaye aur zara ham do nacheez par nazre karm kariye.) Come out of the thoughts of the world and please look at us two humble people."

"Huh."

"Do you want him here? Probably be your partner in dance."

"Who are you talking about?"