Part 18 - Escape

"Where is she?"

Pulling Yash from the dance floor, he inquired restlessly. While gazing around in an attempt to find her among the crowd.

"Woah so finally you came Ashish but I wonder why now at the end of the party?"

"I asked first."

"I don't know, she must've gone to the restroom. Honestly I've not seen her ever since I came."

Answered Yash honestly while running his hand on his hair nervously observing his friend's reaction who looked so disturbed didn't conceal his emotion. In-fact it was the first time when he witnessed him extremely Impatient, furiously anxious and absolutely desperate.

"(Laparvahi ki bhi Hadd hoti hai.) There is a limit to carelessness."

Muttered Ashish, he couldn't define why but he felt a wave of restlessness. And he didn't even know the reason for it. Hoping he'll feel better he went to see his father. But he was out with his business partner and his grandma was sleeping so he couldn't wake her up. He tried to do mediation to calm himself but that didn't help either. And the more he grew anxious the more he thought of her. Feeling the Irresistible urge to see her he comes here at the party.

"But what actually happened?"

"I don't know, I'm feeling wired uneasiness and fear as if she.."

He didn't finish, just turned around and started to look for Sneha. Perhaps she's in trouble, that's why he is anxious. But he prayed to Mahadev to let this remain a mere assumption.

"Calm down, we will find her oh there they are."

Trying to calm him Yash spoke when he saw Kajal and Jahnvi coming towards him followed by Nikhil and Satyam. Ashish rushed in their direction but not seeing Sneha with them he asked.

"Where's Sneha?"

"Ashish, she..we don't know where she's.."

"How could you not know, she came with you all."

"Yes, but we haven't seen her ever since we went to dance. We try to find her but she's nowhere."

"(Jab nibhane ki kaabiliyat nahi. To dhyan rakhne ka vaada kyu karte?) When you don't have the ability to keep it, then why would you promise to take care?"

Saying this he glared at them once, then rushed in the left direction of the club towards the manager's office. Usually he would calm others who are upset or disturbed, specifically if they're acquaintances of his friends or loved ones. But today he glared at them in rage filled with accusations intensifying their remorse and restlessness. ___________

He gazed at her, after placing the bridal dupatta over her head, she would've looked more beautiful than ever. If only her face was glowing with a smile of joy, instead of being pale with tears of pain and fright he thought while gazing at her.

"What aah.."

She gasped in pain and almost hit him by her foot, as he twisted her ankle to relieve her from the pain of twisted muscle. She looked at him only to see him gazing up at her. Then without breaking eye contact, against all her expectations he planted a kiss on her soles.

"(Kya nahi, haa kahiye shaadi ke liye humse. Aur ban jaiye humari dulhan.) What no, say yes to marry me. And become my bride."

Gazing into her eyes, which were looking down at him in pure disbelief, she almost thought he said this to distract her, or she misheard him before. But even after listening to him again she couldn't believe him. How could he dare to even think of marrying her? Doesn't he know a minute with him is toxic for her? Did he lose his mind? She thought while speaking.