Part 13 - Heartbreak

"You are late."

Startled by listening to the question, Sneha looked up, only to see her brother gazing at her curiosity with arms folded leaning against the door. She thought he would've left by now like he informed her on call.

"Bhai I."

"Your phone was switched off, so I couldn't inform you about my cancelled leave and postponed plan about leaving today."

"Phone battery was dead."

"Thought to pick you up from college, only to learn you left an hour ago. I thought you'd be home before I arrived."

"Traffic Bhai."

He wasn't questioning directly, yet she knew what he wanted to know. She mumbled in a low voice while avoiding his sceptical gaze, she wasn't lying but it wasn't the complete truth either. Her phone battery was indeed dead, to which she couldn't contact him. And on their return she was stuck with traffic.

"Alright, go freshen up then, I'll make tea for us."

Spoke Siddhart after a minute of silence only to watch her nod in agreement and walked away towards her room. He didn't inquire further not because he accepted her answer. But because she looked exhausted not only from outside but within too therefore he didn't pester her.

"So how's preparation for the exam going?"

A while later stepping in her room he asked her while sitting on a chair, handing her the tea cup with biscuits.

"Fine Bhai."

"Did he bother you?" careful Sneha."

Her eyes went wide, as she almost dropped the cup, listening to his question but managed to hold it steadily. But her reaction to his question didn't go unnoticed by the observatory gaze of Siddhart.

"(Naa bataane ki kayi wajah hoti batane ki bas ek aur wo hai Vishwas.)There are many reasons for not telling, but there is only one reason for telling and that is trust."

Spoke Siddhart after not receiving any answer from her for long minutes, he didn't want to pressurise her for telling him. But he was extremely curious to know about it. And the fact he can't stay for long as he needs to leave to assist his wife makes him more worried.

"I'll tell you all if I can't manage it Bhai."

"Alright, just don't get hurt. hm."

"Sure Bhai, don't worry."

She felt the irony of the situation laughable, as she was providing assurance to her brother when she's not assured herself. She's hiding the truth from him but wants him to believe her. And all because of Abhiraj, her fear of him and his threat. She just hoped, by her disinterest and aloofness, Abhiraj will have a change of heart and stop bothering her. So she can focus on her studies without any stress.

__________

"Meet me, Out at College parking.

Looking at the text from him, she frowned, even if she likes going out, meeting people, then being forced to go out isn't acceptable. How should she make him understand? That she doesn't want to do anything with him. Opening the locker she gazes at the numerous present boxes, given to her from him. She hasn't even opened a single one of them to check what's in there, Loading all of them in a Bag. She decided she'll try to convince him one last time. If not the least she'll try requesting him to not bother her during the exam. Feeling quite determined, she pulls the zip of the bag. Regardless of what he has to make her submit, she can't let this go on for long. It'll lead him to believe there really can be a chance for them. Which isn't right, besides the feeling of being controlled was more unbearable for her.