Part 19 - Rescue

Running his fingers over the beads of rudraksha rosary, which was worn in the neck. He almost drove past a vehicle standing by the side of the road. When he witnessed something in the car's outside-mirror and drove in reverse.

"Argh."

And soon the silent street in the dread of night echoes with blood curdling screams of pain erupted by Man who got a brutal kick on his back, his eyes widened first then he fell on the road noiselessly. The violent attack startled the other two Men who were standing on the side of the car from another door holding hands of a girl who was screaming before was now on the verge of passing out.

"Your next actions would determine your trip to the Jail, hospital, or mortuary."

Tying the handkerchief on his palm he said without sparing glance at the girl, who had passed out by now perhaps out of exhaustion or fear.

"(Kya matlab tera? Zyda Shaana na ban zinda rehna to nikal le.) What do you mean? Don't be oversmart, wish to live then leave."

"(Ha tu jaanta nahi kisse bhid raha.) Yes, you don't know who you are messing with."

"But I know, You've signed up for a trip to the hospital."

Muttering to himself, he looked at the unconscious guy on the road, while tying a handkerchief on his palm. And within blink without even turning around he held the hand raised to attack him with a knife twisting it he then struck him fatally on the chest with his elbow. The knife fell from his hand along with the guy on the road.

"(Hospital le jayega inhe, ya ambulance bulau?) Will you take them to the hospital or should I call an ambulance?"

He asked with a bored look on his face, but lethal threat in eyes looking straight in the eye of third one, unlike the two fallen scum he looked young. The third Guy looked at his partners with a horrified expression. Upon seeing them rendered unconscious within one blow by the stranger. He nodded in agreement because it wasn't a question but a threat. Satisfied with the answer, he nodded, then turned towards the car and looked down at the back seat, where the girl was lying with her face covered with her hair. Sighing at her appearance, he took his overcoat off then placed it over her. Then raising his hand towards her shoulder, in order to lift her on the seat. But felt a sharp jolt of familiar sensation, he retracted his hand in shock.

"Sneha?"

He whispered feebly, but gained no response, shocked by the fateful encounter, he closed his eyes. What would've happened if he didn't stop to help? She would've been. He hastily glances around spotting the water bottle on the seat, he sprinkle a little on her face.

"Sneha wake up."

She stirred a little, then feeling someone near, terrified by their action, she pushed him away, but he remained unfazed in his place as she sat up hurriedly on the seat.

"Relax, it's me Ashish. Um, can you step out and walk?"

Hearing the familiar soothing voice and seeing his face under the dim light of the car, she breathed a sigh of relief. Hastily nodding clutching over the coat which was providing her warmth of comfort. For her the entire new year's eve was no less than a nightmare which will probably haunt her for life.

"Here drink some, you'll feel better."

Handling her the water bottle he spoke but she declined the offer. Therefore he waited patiently for her to step out of the car. But as soon as she stepped out and stood on her feet she stumbled forward and almost fell on the road but he held her by her palm.

"Allow me to assist you."

Though traumatised by the unfortunate events, she felt comforted by his warm hold on her hands. But refuse to let him carry her, to which he just led her to his car by holding her hands.