Part 8 - Rejection

In daze due to his unpredictable behaviour, she didn't realise when he led her out of home, in his car. For her the entire circumstances seemed bizarre and extremely overwhelming.

"Girl's are known to be talkative, but you seem to be an expectation."

Concentrating on driving, He spoke while sneaking glances at her, bothered by her Silence he spoke again while driving cautiously.

"Sneha, Say something I can't bear your silence."

(Bolu to seh lenge ye? tevar to top ke gole ki tarah phatne ko taiyaar rahata.) If speak, will he tolerate it? When attitude is ready to explode like a cannonball. Despite her fear of him, feeling disappointed at her lack of resistance and inescapable circumstances she retorted thoughtlessly.

"Whether I spoke or not you don't care anyway."

(Ek jhalak bhar se to dil machal jaata hai aur ye sochti hume fark hi nahi padta.) Heart starts fluttering with just one glance and she thinks, doesn't matter to me. He thought internally while gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"You're delusional to think I don't care."

Looking at his action out of fear she almost made an attempt to apologise but hearing his word. The guilt and fear dispelled from her heart and replaced by disbelief and immense rage in her heart.

"With how you behave, I needn't to think, I'm certain you don't care Or else you won't misbehave with me."

She retorted angrily, Who does he think he's? He discarded her opinion, repeatedly bullies her and dared to claim he cares about her wish? What a joke.

"Listen."

"My wish, my opinion, my consent, my dreams don't matter to you. Regardless of how vocal and straightforwardly clear I'm about it. Then why should I listen to you?"

Overwhelmed by listening to her words, her opinion, more like firm belief and question, he stopped the car abruptly, Then turned in her direction and looking at her spoke calmly.

"Look at me."

But she didn't, instead she chose to gaze outside, to avoid meeting his intense gaze. She knew snapping at him won't end well for her. That too when she's in his car, but she couldn't help herself from speaking her mind to him. There's a limit to her endurance, she felt suffocated due to silently enduring his audacious behaviour and overbearing presence.

"I've asked you to look at me."

Clutching the seatbelt from one hand, gulping the lump forming on her throat, she flinched when he held her other freed hand placed over her bag, to turn her around and commanded her sternly.

"Look up at me now."

Still she didn't get to raise her gaze up at him, making his grip tighten on her wrist to which she hissed in pain and looked up at him only to see him ask in a firm voice.

"Why is it so hard for you to listen to me? Give me a chance? Or believe in me?"

Listening to this, she didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the irony of his words. He scared her, forced her, touched her without her consent, blackmailed her and manhandled her. Aren't these reasons enough? She even wonders if he's really stupid, or pretending to be one.

"You've assaulted my friend, traumatised me, threatened me, attempted to blackmail me, forced me and repeatedly manhandled me."

"I've already apologised for hurting your friend and hurting you."

"Yes, you apologised, but did you stop hurting me?"

Asking this she glanced at her wrist, which he held tightly. Following her gaze, he winched inwardly at the sight and released her wrist. Which grew pale due to blockage of blood circulation because of his tight grip.