Part 9 - Freedom Vs Yearning

Meanwhile, not far from their table, Abhiraj and his friends sitting on their table felt awkward at hearing Sneha's conversation with her friends.

"Isn't there a background difference with him? (Par ghanta farak nahi padta.) but she doesn't care, only with me she acts like I'm having some gruesome infectious disease."

Clearing his throat, listening to his Harsh sarcastic statement. Kartik spoke while gazing at Sneha and Nisha. The two look more like sisters than friends.

"Don't burn your heart over him, He's committed. Besides, she's suffering a lot due to your actions, let her be."

"Let her be? I've bared my soul to her, confessed my heart to her, but what have I received? Societal norms, moral lecture Worse f***g rejection over age and height difference."

He sneered at the comment of Kartik and retorted furiously, still feeling the ache of her rejection which intensified due to jealousy of seeing her with Ajay. Kartik couldn't tolerate his irrational behaviour and tried to calm him. 

"Calm down Abhi."

"I can't, I don't understand Kartik. (Aisa kya kar diya maine ki mujhe hi bas apne pyaar ka pyar paane ka haq nahi? Galti ki, maafi mangi na maine, phir kyun nahi de sakti ek mauka mujhe wo?) What did I do that I don't deserve the love of my love? I made a mistake, I apologised for my mistake, then why can't she give me a chance?

"Not her fault, you do things, regret and apologise then repeat it. How is she supposed to forgive you or believe you?"

"I can't help it. Ansh, her indifference hurts me deeply."

"Listen Abhi, (Agar hum kisi ke liye deewane ho jaaye, zaroori nahi wo wo bhi hamare liye deewana ho jaaye.) If we fall in love with someone it is not necessary that they also fall in love with us."

"Exactly and what do you intend to do by getting angry at her interaction with him now? thrash him like you thrashed her other friend?"

"(Khayal bura nahi) idea isn't bad."

He replied thoughtlessly, glaring at the sight of her hand in Ajay's. As he teased his girlfriend along with Sneha. The sight of them was enough to make him wish to knock his teeths or break his hands. As he watches Ajay shares lunch with the two of them like they're family. He was truly thirsty to get a taste of his blood, by beating him to pulp for touching what he believed to be his. 

"Stop being insane, he's not the son of ordinary men. His father is capable of ruining our career and family."

"Do you think I can't deal with him because of his background?"

Knowing if provoked, he won't bother about the consequences. Ansh made an attempt to calm him down. With more reasonable thoughts. 

"You can, but you can't bear to hurt her again. She hasn't forgiven you for your behaviour, if you mess with him then."

Ansh left his words unfinished with a meaningful smile, making Abhiraj scoff furiously. Of course, thrashing another friend of hers will doom his chance further with her for forever. But His heart wasn't at peace since she rejected him, now watching her close with another guy ignoring his warning. Even revealing everything about them to her friends he felt more enraged. Besides the fact not for once, he could see hope of her thinking about him positively. In her eyes, he's just a hot headed, violently short tempered, arrogant and stubborn rich brat, who's just harassing her. 

"Then what do you guys suggest for me to do?"

"(Agar ham kahenge usse bhool ke aage badho, to hamari hi kutaai hogi tere haatho.) If we tell you to forget her and move on, then we will be beaten up by you. So just woo her brother and get her like you planned."