Likhe Jo Khat Tujhe

Unknown to the rest of the world, Khan Murtasim Khan had kept a part of him hidden. At the very depth of his photographer soul was another one of his passions - writing. He had sought refuge in writing when the world around him felt too much, when it felt like he would crumble to dust from all the emotional turmoil. His writings were mostly sad, full of grief that would shatter your heart, but it all changed with the arrival of Meerab, his Meerab.

When he had first seen her looking heartbroken after her parents refused to open the door for her, it had broken a part of him as well. Unknown to him, he had started having feelings for the woman he alleged he wanted to have nothing to do with. 

He had been elated at the prospect of getting married to her. Seeing her in the red joda, adorned with jewels filled him with a sense of excitement at building a new life with her.

That night, having been thrown out of his own bed, he wrote his first letter. He poured all his love into words, the love he would shower her with, if only she would accept him. 

Gradually, this had become a ritual for him. All the angst and the love he held for her was translated into multiple khats. When she refused to listen and acknowledge his feelings and when his heart screamed for her, he found a little solace in the words. 

Occasionally, he turned to the great poets to borrow their emotions. 

Mohabbat mein nahi hai farq jeene aur marne ka 

usi ko dekh kar jeete hain jis kafir pe dum nikle 

was one of his favorite lines from Ghalib. 

The night after he had told her that he loved her, asking her to cherish his heart and not to do anything that would hurt them, she had come across his collection of letters and began reading them. While it felt like an intrusion, this was the most intimate and connected she had felt with him. 

Murtasim had come home after a long time to find her sleeping, holding a collection of letters close to her. 

He didn't take offence, he was just glad that all his emotions in Likhe jo khat tujhe had found their way to her.