Bholi Surat Dil Ke Khote

Meesam's birth had brought happiness in the entire Khan household. She shared her birthday with her Nana, Anwar Khan. He had been glad to share his birthday with the little bundle of joy. Gradually, she had melted everyone at home except for Haya, who viewed her to be everything wrong with the world. She would never hurt the child but she had also been petty enough to never show her an ounce of affection.

Meerab had gone to extreme levels to ensure that Haya's interaction with Meesam remained limited. Haya had tied her entire existence to a man and was now living a wasted life and she didn't want her to bring any kind of influence in her daughter's life.

The trio - Murtasim, Meerab and Meesam had been extremely happy. Murtasim had been softened by his daughter's birth and had implemented many programs for women empowerment in the village in the name of his daughter, only asking for duas for her in return. Meerab had a flourishing career as a criminal lawyer, she took up a lot of cases pro bono and soon earned a reputation for being a winning lawyer, if she was on your side, you had already won. Meesam was the most loved kid ever. Maa Begum doted on her, no longer imposing an aurat sirf mard ki khwaish ke liye jeeti hai perspective on the little impressionable girl.

Tomorrow would complete two blissful years of the little girl's birth and the Khans were throwing a huge party for Meesam.

She had the misfortune of being present in the same room as Haya for two minutes after the party had ended. In these two minutes, Haya had managed to give her the scolding of her life and brought qayamat upon herself. She had just seen Meerab and Murtasim being more in love than anyone else she knew and she was burning with rage and jealousy. After all, she was about to be married to the love of her life, when Meerab had barged in with her daughter, snatching her happiness once again. After she had been sent to the gaon, she had put on a pretense of repentance, fooling everyone but Meerab. So after a period of eight months with no contact from anyone in the family, when she had begged to be taken back, Maa Begum had reluctantly agreed. This had incensed Meerab who knew that one day, she would throw her out with a no - return option and her time had finally come. 

The next day after the joyous party, she had asked everyone to come to the living room.  

She and Haya were the first to arrive. Confidently walking towards her, she said, "Ab Meerab ki adalat lagne waali hai Haya."

"Yeh kya Naya drama hai Meerab"?

"Drama ke vamps ki tarah toh tum rone waali ho, tissues aur apna keemti samaan ready rakhna, jab ghar se dhakke maarke bahir nikaali jaogi, toh kya pata kuch haath aaye na aaye."

It seemed like the perfect occasion to bring Haya to justice. Even Maryam was present to attend her favorite niece's birthday and Meerab could easily bring out every vile thing Haya had done in front of the entire family. 

The rest of the family arrived soon, wearing confused looks on their faces. Murtasim, placing complete trust in his wife's judgment was cool and calm and simply went to sit on the safa wordlessly. Maa Begum and Maryam had probably sensed a conflict brewing and waited for Meerab to address them. Anwar, as stoic as ever, just sat beside Murtasim.

"Kya Mai jaan sakti hun Haya ab tak iss gjar mein kya Kar rahi hai?"

"Kaisi baatein kar rahi ho Meerab? Voh beti hai iss ghar ki."

Meerab was aware of the way Haya was given special treatment by her mother - in - law, who had a soft spot for her due to her being orphaned at a very young age. Perhaps, she had been too complacent and had been taken advantage of. As much as she hated to say everything she was about to, she was just going to save the entire family from the bala named Haya.