Khoya Khoya Chand

"Murtasim, agar tumne mujhe nahi bataya ki hum kahan jaa rahe hain, toh mai nahi chalungi."

"Toh Haya ko le jaun?"

This statement earned him a pillow in the face, which he was able to dodge skillfully. Haya was a long forgotten topic between the couple now as she had been sent to the gaon. While she had asked for forgiveness from Meerab, Murtasim used her name as rare ammunition against his wife; a small, innocuous ammunition. 

"Pata nahi Karachi ke kis kone mein le jaana chahte ho andheri raat mein. Maarne ka irada toh nahi hai?"

"Aur tum jo roz apni mohabbat mein maarti ho mujhe? Ek din mashuq ka haal bhi jaan lo."

"Iss ladke se bas drama kara lo."

He just laughed merrily, a sound that had now become common in the household. Maa Begum was the happiest person seeing this side of her son. Amidst his responsibilities, he had finally found one that made him happy. 

He began combing his hair and setting his mustache. His wife admired him in the background while he smirked. 

"Mujhse zyada waqt apni mooch ke saath bitate ho."

"Are you jealous?" 

She smiled in response.

Hajera Bibi was called to deposit the luggage of the duo in the car where the ever loyal Bakhtu was waiting for the couple. They sat in the car, Meerab still unaware of where her husband was taking her. After a drive that lasted about two hours , during which Meerab had carefully nestled her head on her willing husband's shoulder, they finally reached an inn which was famous for stargazing. Being away from the city, it boasted of a clear night sky and was a treat for astrophiles. 

She had once mentioned to him in passing that she loved stargazing. She gave the full credit for her being an astrophile to her Mama. While still a kid, the entire family had gone for many outings to far away places where they could appreciate the night sky. Her Baba had pointed out constellations to her and her mother weaved stories around them. 

Murtasim was a man in love and as a man in love, he knew that what Meerab wanted, she would get. From that day on, he had done a deep dive search for places that offered such experiences and finalized the best one. 

Her eyes grew wide in surprise at seeing the place and reading the board of the inn, displaying a childlike joy. 

While they were getting ready for the long night in their room, a cozy picnic had already been set up for them. 

She felt immense joy seeing the set up, turning immediately to hug her husband

"Thank you Murtasim!"

They sat down to enjoy a delectable dinner, the entirety of which was spent admiring the sky. While Meerab admired the sky and pointed out the constellations, Murtasim admired his wife who was displaying excitement over the moon and stars, something which made her all the more endearing. 

"Chaand kitna sundarr hai na?", she asked.

"Mai toh roz uska deedar karta hun", he said, looking at her.