Tere Bina Zindagi Se

Meerab Murtasim Khan was a successful criminal lawyer. Judges admired her work ethic and other lawyers trembled before her for she was a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom. She brought passion to her profession and ensured her level best that the truth emerged victorious. 

Murtasim and her had fallen into an easy domestic routine. They sat for breakfast together with Maa Begum and Anwar Chacha and returned home late in the evening to sit down for a cup of chai together followed by dinner. 

While Maa Begum had showed great initial reluctance at Meerab wanting to continue her studies, she had gradually come around. She was convinced by her son to let Meerab pursue her studies. He saw the immense potential his wife had and knew that she would be an asset. He wanted the entire mulk to know the prowess of his wife. 

Meerab and him had also talked about how she would later come work with him to help the women of the village. Maa begum today talked proudly about her daughter - in - law and all the good work she was doing. 

It was a chilly winter evening when the couple had sat down for their daily cup of chai, a ritual they relished. Meerab was lost in her thoughts, pondering over the details of a case and she didn't hear her husband calling out her name. 

He waved his hand in front of her face and she finally noticed him. Hoping to underplay and dismiss her preoccupation, she said dramatically "Iss nacheez ki gustakhi maaf ho janaab."

"Muqadme se pehle maafi? Aisa kya gunah kar diya tumne?", he played along. 

"Murtasim, aaj court mein ek aurat ko defend kar rahi thi. Uska pati usse bahut maarta hai. Uss bechari ke paas toh paise bhi nahi the case ladne ke liye."

"Hmm, toh yeh baat hai. Tumne kuch aur bhi socha hua hai. Batao kya chalraha hai."

"Hum gaon ki auraton ke liye ek skilling programme chalun karte hain Murtasim. Isse unhe financial indepence milegi aur family income bhi badegi. Jo families apne ghar ke auraton ko iss skiling programme ke liye bhejengi, unko incentive ke taur pe kuch rakam bhi de skte hain."

Words couldn't express how proud he was of his wife. She not only dealt with the problem at hand, but also came up with long - term solutions. Her generosity had made her popular with the women of the village as well. They knew that unki Meerab bibi sab thik kar dengi.

He got up and placed his hands on her shoulders, gently massaging them. 

"Kal hum dono Maa Begum ke saath iss par mashwara karte hain."

I really wanted to write a one shot where Meerab has attained her dream and Murtasim is proud of the woman she has become, both in personal and professional capacity.