Hamen Tumse Pyar Kitna II

Meerab was torn between the urge to strangle her husband and corner him into a kiss.

Even Maa Begum, who had been bittersweet with her had started to notice how Meerab stole glances of her husband and could often be found questioning Maryam as to what her Bhai's preferences were. 

Maryam and Maa Begum wanted to laugh with joy at how much efforts she was making for her husband but didn't want to hurt the girl's feelings. As it is, she was already struggling. Murtasim, who had suddenly become extremely busy due to a new project usually arrived after she had slept and left before she had woken up. She had even tried staying up super late, scrolling reels on her phone but had just ended up sleeping. 

"I am not going to sleep today, no matter what happens." In order to keep herself up, she proceeded to do a 7 step - skincare routine she knew would take plenty of time and which was usually reserved for special occasions. As a result of which, when she finally came out of the washroom, she was tired yet glowing. Murtasim, having arrived 2 minutes before, turned to look at her and it was hard for him to take his eyes off of her. Yes, she was pretty, but somehow today she was glowing like an apsara, ready to trap him. Moving towards her languorously, he realized that her hair smelt of roses and jasmine and it drove him wild. 

He tucked a stray hair behind her ear and she froze, delirious at the contact. He was suddenly remembered of the contract she had made him sign and his face turned dark. Wordlessly, he turned to go back to the sofa, his rightful place. Gaining some courage, she held his wrist and talking to his collar, she said way too fast "Tum bed pe so skte ho." Fearing that he would decline her proposal, she closed her eyes. 

He admired the way her nose scrunched when she closed her eyes and flicked her nose playfully. 

"Okay!"

Deciding to not take any chances or give her time to change her mind, he snuggled in the covers, his back finally getting the much needed sukoon after sleeping on the uncomfortable sofa for so long. 

While she had displayed immense courage in asking him to sleep on the bed, she wasn't unmindful of what all could happen and this scared her. Sensing no movement beside him, Murtasim saw his wife, standing at the corner of the bedpost, glaring at the sheets. 

He picked up the covers and motioning for her to get it, chuckled, "Mai tumhe khaa nahi jaunga Meerab aur kabhi tumhari marzi ke bina kuch nahi karunga. Aajao."

She got in the covers and unable to face him, she turned the other side and heard his chuckle. 

The night passed uneventfully. By a fluke of luck, she woke up earlier than him the next morning and took her own sweet time admiring his handsome face. Those locks of him that looked so soft, the long eyelashes which she wasn't sure if she envied or admired, the moustache that was such an essential part of his being and he always took extra care to groom it. And that beard, Allah! it was to die for, she wondered if it would scratch her when they kissed and reached out her hand to touch it. Murtasim opened his eyes groggily and whispered, "Nihaar liya mujhe?"

She was mortified at having been caught and stopped her hand midway, his raspy voice sending shivers down her back.  

She got up and turned to him to ask him if he would be having breakfast at home. 

"Tum bana rahi ho?"

"Usse kya farq padta hai?"

"Maa Begum ne bataya tha ki tum kitni disppointed hoti ho jab tum naashta banati ho aur mai khaane ke liye nahi hota."

"Ji nahi, voh toh bas isliye kyunki khaana waste hota hai."

He softly grabbed her wrist and turned her to look at him. Her heart started beating fast at their proximity and he said, "Jhooth toh mat bolo, just admit the truth."

In the ultimate show of bravery, she closed the distance between them and being in such close proximity that her breath tickled his earlobe, whispered in the most flirty voice she could manage "Sach tum seh nahi paoge Murtasim Khan" and leaving him him stunned, she made her way to the washroom, a smirk on her face. 

I had so much fun writing this chapter. Would you guys like a part III? Leave your comments.