3. unexpected reunion

1.21 PM

Te bright rays of the sun and the loud music of my ringtone woke me up from my not so peaceful sleep. I groaned, being annoyed with the world. Nothing is ever good. Not even my sleep. Aggressively sliding my hands under my pillow and getting a hold of my phone, I pulled it out, slightly opening my eyes to look at the contact. Little jishu. He can't be for real, he knows I hate taking calls early in the morning. Nevertheless, I can never decline his call, so no matter how annoyed I am feeling at the moment, I still accepted the call, lazily dropping my phone on my ear.

"Good morning to my dear sister. I know you're annoyed because I woke you up, but miss, please check the time on your phone first before you tell me anything" Groaning, I moved my phone from my ear to in front of my face to see the time, letting out another annoyed groan. I can't believe no one woke me up when it's literally past 1:00 pm.

"Did you check it?" I hummed lazily. I don't know why I'm so lazy today. I have zero energy in my body to even get up from this bed. "Mom thought you'd be tired after the journey yesterday, that's why she didn't wake you up. You needed some rest. But you still need to get up now, it's late" The only thing that's helping me remember our distance is the phone in my hand. Other than that, it still feels like I'm in Busan because of him.

"I'll get up. But have you eaten?" I asked, forcing myself to at least sit up but I gave up and fell back down on the bed with a groan. "I have, don't worry about me. I'll be going out now so I won't be able to call you for the rest of the day. Don't worry about me and just focus on yourself, focus on what you went to Seoul for, not on him" Again, is he my younger brother or older brother?

"Got it, dad. You don't have to lecture me. I'll get up now, so bye, take care and I love you" I could feel him rolling his eyes at the name I called him, he always does that. "I will, so you need to do the same. Bye, I love you too" Moving the phone away from my ear, I ended the call, throwing the phone back on the bed. "Get up, Hong Jiyeon" I told myself.

4.12 PM

"You know you can stay here for a while, right? You also don't have to start work just yet" Dad tried convincing me to stay for a few more days but I saw mom poking him from the side. "I can come here literally everyday dad, it's my house anyways and plus, It's just a few minutes drive from my apartment" I reminded him because the way he talked, it sounded as if I'm going somewhere so far and I can't come here for years.

"It's okay, my baby. We understand. Living here isn't the easiest for you, that's why I won't force you. Do whatever makes you happy. All we want is your happiness, so don't mind us and do whatever you feel like, we'll always support you" I hugged both of my parents and kissed their cheeks. "I'll go now" They nodded as dad opened the car door for me to enter.

I entered the car and sat down, closing the door after. "I'll go now" I hummed, letting him know he can drive now. I waved at my parents as the car started to move out of the driveway. In a few seconds, they were out of my sight.

I would actually have stayed a few more days but It's difficult being in that room. Last night was hard, extremely hard. I had to cry myself to sleep. The bed that once gave me so much comfort felt uncomfortable, thinking about the times he slept with me on that bed. I couldn't even go into my closet, because most things that are kept in there are things given by him.

Every place in that house has our memories painted. I see him in every corner of the house. The longer I stay, the harder it gets. I can tell that mom understood that but I still feel bad for leaving so fast. I should've stayed longer. But I promised them to be back and spend as much time with them as possible after I get things together.