19. the truth finally told

“A sorry won't fix anything Yoon Jeonghan. The pain you made me go through is unerasable –” She let out a sob, refusing to keep control any longer.

More than anything, it broke Jeonghan to the core to see her crying, because of something he did, that too, against his own will.

“Do you have a reason for everything you did? Can you justify yourself for the pain you made me go through?"

Jeonghan only kept quiet, not wanting to speak, just in case he said something that might hurt her even more. He wanted her to pour it all out before he finally tells the truth. He wants the heavy rock she has on her chest to be lifted before he throws on another one.

“Do you know the pain I went through each and every day, hoping you'll call me just once? Even after 6 year lf waiting, I still hoped you'll call me, even if it's just for a second, to let me know you're alive and well. But you never did"

“And when we met for the first time, you just walked away. Like you didn't even know me. Do you know much that hurt me?”

Jiyeon said everything that she had kept in her heart this whole time. She asked everything she's ever wanted to ask him. She had no control over herself any longer.

Jeonghan wanted to tell her everything as well. He wanted to let it all out just like she did. There's nothing he wants more than to tell her everything.

No matter how many people he cried to, his chest never felt fully empty, and it won't until he talks to her.

But something deep down held him back from telling her the truth just yet. Because he knows her more than anyone, he knows enough how she's gonna take the big reveal. And he doesn't wanna hurt her anymore.

“Say something, Yoon Jeonghan. Why do you look like you're in pain too? Why? When you were the one who left me. Am I getting everything wrong? Have I been blind the whole time and not seen something everyone has? Please tell me, Jeonghan-ah”

She sobbed, finally letting her body lose control and fall onto his chest as he caught her immediately.

Jeonghan too, finally let the tears spill out.

A few minutes after Jiyeon had calmed donw a little bit, Jeonghan took a deep breath, preparing to tell her the big truth he knows is gonna make her feel bad about herself.

“My parents took me away from you” He finally broke it to her, causing her to move away to take a better look at him.

"What do–” – "They hate you. They always did. Just like you, I was blinded by their act of liking you, I never once thought they had any hatred towards you until we moved”

Jiyeon stared at him, confusion and shock written on her face. Jeonghan's parents have always been the sweetest. They've treated her like their own daughter. Especially his mother, who would always invite her over to have a meal with them. She always felt so loved by them — that being the reason why she's so surprised.

“Why would they hate me? They're the sweetest people I know" Jiyeon asked, not getting the idea of why they would hate her. She has never done anything for them to dislike her.

“That's what I knew my whole life as well. But turns out they always had a devil living inside of them. One worse than you can imagine"

"You're making me confused, Yoon Jeonghan. What did they even do to you that you couldn't contact me in secret? Even once?” Jiyeon, being the person with a heart of gold, couldn't think of anything so bad that his parents would have done to him, so she's still in confusion.

"They took me abroad so they could separate us. And they did everything they could possibly do to keep me away from you –” He paused, taking another deep breath before saying the rest, before finally telling her what he has gone through the past few years.

"From forbidding me from using my phone for my own personal needs, to having bodyguards around me at all time, having zero privacy to do anything, to go anywhere, to talk to anyone, make any friends, even step out of the house to the front yard, to –” He choked on his own words, the memories stinging his heart like a bee.

Those are the most painful times of his life. A time he doesn't usually think of. A time he wishes no one has to go through in their lives.

Even though he has talked to many people about this, including his therapist, he never felt what he's feeling right now, talking about it to her.

“To what, Jeonghan?" Jiyeon's heartbeat raised, thinking of worse things his parents could possibly do to him.

She still hasn't processed the things he has just told her. She can't imagine his parents being so cruel and giving him no privacy —when in the past, they would even ask Jiyeon to stay over at their house if both of his parents were to go somewhere for a night or longer.

A tear slipped out of his eyes, concern growing in Jiyeon as she noticed the lonely tear roll down his cheeks.

“What did they do, Han?" Jiyeon, with a slip of tongue, accidentally called him by the name she would call him in the past, causing Jeonghan to look up at her immediately, another few drops of tears slid down his cheeks.

How badly he wanted her to call her by a name other than just Yoon Jeonghan or Jeonghan. Hearing her call him ‘Han’ gave him somewhat hope that she might've forgiven him and may not be resenting him as much any longer.

A smile formed on his lips, despite his eyes still filled with teats. “You called me Han"

Realizing what she did, Jiyeon looked away, feeling embarrassed. She hadn't realized the slip of tongue until he mentioned it.

“You're trying to change the topic. That was just a slip of tongue, I didn't call you that on purpose" Jiyeon tried justifying her action, as if she had made a grave mistake of calling him that.

Jeonghan chuckled, sensing her shyness. She couldn't even look him in the eye anymore. “Are you sure you wanna know what they did?"

Jiyeon looked at him, her brows crocked up. "Do you want me to forgive you or do you want me to end things between us for good?” She questioned back, not liking what he said. Of course she wants to know what they did.

“They…” He paused, not having the courage to tell her yet while Jiyeon waited patiently for him to complete his words.

“Abused me.”

Jiyeon stayed quiet for a while, precissing his words in her mind. Abuse? They hit him? He went through so much pain yet he's here to talk to me now?

Her mind filled with many thoughts, and the end of all, she blamed herself.

“Why aren't you saying anything?" Jeonghan asked, sounding almost like a whisper, even though he knew damn well what was going on through her brain. He knew exactly what she was thinking.

“I'm sorry" She muttered, her brain still going through a roller coaster.

“There's nothing for you to apologize, why are you–"
I think it's better for us to stay apart, Jeonghan. Let's not meet again."

She quickly stood up from the bench, turning away and walking back into the house, leaving him all alone, regretting his decisions.

But he knows this is not the end. He knows how to convince her. Now that she knows the truth, it won't be so hard. She just needs some time.

Meanwhile, another Joshua let out a sigh as he watched the whole scene through the window in his room. He clearly wasn't surprised because he knows how his sister can be.

Taking one last look at Jeonghan, he walked away to comfort his sister who's probably a crying mess by now.

# author's note.

_ Unpublished the old one and published two chapters with the same story but I tried to write it a little better than the old one, though I'm still unsatisfied — but tbh, I'm unsatisfied with the whole story T_T