4. the beach of memories

12.37 AM

Sigh. It was a long day today. Moving in alone isn't an easy task — I'm still not even done with organising my closet. How can I finish it when I've been out for so long? — I got back home around 11 p.m and it's currently midnight. I spent almost 4 hours with the boys and honestly, it was really fun.

Meeting them after all these years made me really happy. It brought back old memories, when we used to go out for meals together. Those days were honestly the best days of my life. I hope I can meet all the guys together soon. I really miss hanging out with them. I hadn't realized how much I missed them until now.

I still haven't told Shua about meeting them yet. I'll have to tell him tomorrow because it's pretty late now, he must have already gone to bed by now.

10.00 AM

10 a.m. the time displayed on my phone screen. It probably isn't too late yet, but to me, it's pretty late considering I'm a person who wakes up by 8 a.m. I guess this is how it is living alone, you get lazier than usual — well at least that's the case for me — I hate waking up late, it makes me so annoyed with myself that I sometimes end up slapping myself.

I forcefully jumped out of my bed and went into the washroom to freshen up. After doing my business, I came out and sat back down on my bed, taking my phone to check for any messages. Joshua texted me a few minutes ago asking if I've woken up or not. I decided to just call him instead of replying to his message because I have so much to tell him.

I dialed his number and clicked the call button, hearing the ringing noise right after. After a few rings, he picked up, greeting me cheerfully. I can already imagine the smile on his face while greeting. "Good morning, my beautiful sister"

"Good morning to you too, Mister" I greeted back. As I was about to start ranting to him about the day before, he beat me to it, speaking up before I could. "Don't you have a lot to tell me? You seemed to have enjoyed a lot last night" For a second, I was taken aback but then it came to my mind that Seungcheol or Soonyoung must have talked to him.

"Soonyoung told me. I'm glad you had fun. I'm aware that you're probably a little bit disappointed in me for not telling them about you, but I hope you know why I did that. I did it to protect you. Well that's what I thought, but I guess it didn't really help in any way. I'm sorry'' With every word leaving his lips, his pitch got quieter. The 'sorry' almost came out as a whisper but I heard it.

"I am not, Shua. Don't apologize. I'm just glad I got to meet them again. I felt alive after a long time. It would have been much better if everyone, including you, could get together. A reunion would be perfect. Ah, just the thought makes me happy" I can hear him chuckling on the other end of the call.

I imagined how nice it would be if we could have a reunion. A smile crept on my lips just thinking about it. They're really the bestest friends I had in my whole life. They haven't forgotten me even after all these years. My friends in the US probably don't even remember me much — but I can't blame them, neither do I remember everyone that well.

"We'll obviously have a reunion. We have to. And I know it's gonna be very soon" Very soon? How? He is still there. We can't have a reunion without him. That's unfair. Considering our history together, it's probably not the best idea, but I feel it's unfair without him. "Ah, right. I guess you heard it too, right?"

It? What's that? Confused, I asked him: "What do you mean by it?" I leaned my body against the headboard, playing with my fingers. "You know what I mean. Him" I didn't think he would mention it. I sigh. I know I have to tell him. Hiding from him won't do me any help.