11. storytime

"Let's get that" Somin pointed at the cute bunny plushie that caught her eyes.

"Min, haven't we already bought enough things? We were supposed to be buying groceries and now look where we are" Jiyeon followed the girl who was still bubbling with infinite energy.

It's been almost 3 hours since they left the house and Somin doesn't seem to get tired at all, while Jiyeon can barely walk.

They had left the house to buy groceries but now they're buying useless stuff they'll probably never even look at.

"This is the last. Let's go pay" Somin walked off to the counter before Jiyeon could even reach where she was standing, making Jiyeon sigh. "How are you real?"

Jiyeon proceeded to walk to the counter with slow steps when her eyes landed on a plushie kept displayed on the white rack. She walked over to it and picked it up, holding on to it while memories flooded back to her mind.

It looks like a plushie Jeonghan had gifted her on their first date. It's a white baby sheep plushie. Jeonghan said that the sheep reminded him of Jiyeon so he bought that for her on their first date.

Jiyeon unknowingly let out a giggle as she remembered Jeonghan's blushing face as he handed her the plushie and the way he explained why he got her a sheep plushie and not a teddy bear like others probably would.

Meanwhile, Jiyeon's dear best friend got engrossed in a flirty conversation with the cashier behind the counter. In less than 2 minutes, they've already exchanged numbers.

"Call me anytime" The handsome cashier winked. Somin smirked and proceeded to walk out of the store until she felt the loss of presence around her.

Looking back, she found Jiyeon holding onto a sheep plushie and recognized it almost immediately because a plushie similar to the one in her hand haunts her for some reason — probably because Jiyeon would bring that plushie to the dinner table and even to the bathroom sometimes?

Walking back into the store, she snatched the plushie from her hand and kept it back on the shelf. "You're not buying that shit"

Somin pulled Jiyeon by her arms and walked out of the store, not forgetting to steal a glance at the handsome dude, who was already watching her the whole time.

"What took you so long to pay?" Jiyeon asked, realizing the time had passed more than she had expected.

Somin giggled, clinging on to the slightly older's arm before whispering: "I got his number"

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Somin instantly covered her mouth with her palm, preventing another loud noise from leaving her mouth.

She removed her hand after Jiyeon calmed down a little bit. "You flirted with that dude?"

"He flirted with me first" – "That doesn't mean you need to flirt back. Do you know how dangerous men are?" Jiyeon scolded like a mother scolding her daughter to stay away from boys.

"You literally slept with Jeonghan on his eighteenth birthday" Somin spat, slightly moving away from her to not get a smack on the head.

"Th–" Somin raised her eyebrow, teasing the girl who has now lost words to say.

She didn't lie. Jiyeon was indeed careless and slept with Jeonghan on his eighteenth birthday. But she has no regrets.