13. birthday party planning

It's been 2 days since the incident of Jeonghan and Seungcheol arguing and they still haven't made up. Despite the both of them traveling back to Seoul together, living under the same roof and eating at the same table, they still haven't properly talked since then.

They've been ignoring each other — or at least Jeonghan has been ignoring Seungcheol.

For the past 2 days Jeonghan has been able to avoid Seungcheol and his non-stop apologies but today, when all the boys has gotten together to plan a party for one of their friends, Jeonghan found himself in a tough spot with everyone telling the two to make up before the party.

"If you don't, there's no party for Hao. I'm sure even he wouldn't want a party where the two of you can't even look at each other"

Jihoon got up from the sofa and walked into the kitchen after making his decision, leaving the others with Jeonghan who is deep in thoughts whether to forgive Seungcheol or not.

"Jeonghan-ah, please. Let's not be immature like this. I told you I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I was just angry that you kept calling me her boyfriend that I ended up spitting such words. You know I didn't mean all that" Seungcheol apologized in front of the other 8 boys.

After a few minutes, Jeonghan let out a sigh. "Fine. I forgive you this time but never say such a thing ever again. Don't think it was that easy for me to walk away either"

"Finally!" Mingyu screamed, jumping off from the sofa and clapping his hands. "You guys have no idea how annoying it was to eat with these two never talking to each other"

"Woozi hyung, come back! They made up" The youngest, Chan shouted for Jihoon to come back who, in no time, came back with a can of soft drink in his hand.

"Okay. So now that you two made up, let's discuss his birthday party. We don't have time. If we want to surprise him at midnight, we need to get everything done by today" Jihoon said, the others agreeing with him.

"So are we throwing him a surprise party or going to the club or somewhere tomorrow?" Seungkwan asked.

"I say we throw him a surprise party" – "Why not the club? He would like that too" Jeonghan asked.

"I don't know. I just feel like it. We should surprise him with something he really wants. He isn't gonna be able to celebrate his birthday with his parents this year so he might be sad about that, so I think we should surprise him with something he really, really wants" Wonwoo gave the idea.

"You're right. But what does he really want? He never shows much interest in something he wants to buy" The boys all got busy thinking about what they could surprise him with.

Minghao, the friend who's birthday party is being planned right now, has no idea his friends are doing this. Minghao is from China but he moved to Korea at a very young age to be a dancer so he's been living here ever since. But he makes sure to try to spend special days such as his birthday with his parents in China.

Most of the time, he's able to make time, but this year, unfortunately, he couldn't make time to go to China. So the boys are planning on throwing him a surprise party.

But none of them knows what Minghao would like for his birthday. What kind of gift should they buy? They all have been in deep thoughts about it for the past 5 minutes until Seungkwan suddenly came up with an idea.