16. an attempt to fix

Within the four walls of the room, all that can be heard is the voices of the drunk boys. Some screaming, some laughing, some singing, and some completely passed out on the sofas.

Most of them present here have already drunk up to their limit while the rest are still sober enough to know what's going on around them. To be precise, only five of them in the room are still sober.

Out of the five, three were Jiyeon, Joshua, and Jeonghan, who was practically forced by Joshua to stay sober and not get drunk because he had some plan.

The ones still sober, were mainly focused on keeping the rest of them alive and uninjured because the drunk boys are moving around like maniacs, no mind of what they're doing.

Aside from the chaos going on in the room, Jeonghan's full attention has been on her the whole time. He seemed completely unbothered by the bodies that kept clashing against him from time to time and only kept his gaze over her.

His gaze of course didn't go unnoticed by her. Although she tried hard to ignore his gaze, she only failed miserably every time and her eyes moved on their own towards him.

But everytime they landed in his, she forced herself to look away after a few seconds. She felt somewhat uncomfortable by his gaze, but it was only her brain that felt that way. Her heart felt safe under his gaze, just like she did in the past.

Nothing in him seemed to change. He still looks the same, young and handsome as ever, his smile still as bright as ever whenever he smiled towards the boys, his eyes still holding the loving and caring gaze everytime they land on her, but her heart and especially her brain didn't wanna accept the love and care his eyes offered from the distance.

Jeonghan couldn't bring himself to look away, she still has that effect on him and he would never deny that.

Though he had promised himself to not let his eyes be on her the whole time and possibly make her uncomfortable, he seems to have broken that promise, just like he broke the promises he made to her.

As he watched her every move, he tried to find any unease in her but he couldn't find any kind of movement in her that indicates her feeling uncomfortable with his gaze.

Of course he knows how obvious he's being, after the amount of time their eyes met and the boys told him to look away because he looks like a creep in their eyes, but he couldn't bring himself to look away.

Deep down, he hoped she would look at him the same way and read his eyes and the feelings he's portraying through them but it is more than obvious that she's trying to avoid looking into his eyes.

A part of him wanted to look away because he didn't want her to feel even the slightest bit of discomfort though his gaze but his heart and her intimidating aura just wouldn't let him look away. It's as if she has kept his eyes locked towards her with some superpower.

As his gaze kept locked on her, he didn't fail to notice her body slightly shivering due to the cold temperature in the room.

Without having any sense of what he's about to do, he started to stand up from the sofa, ready to take off his jacket but then a pair of hands landed on his face, cupping it.

"My Jeonghanie hyung looks so in love" Dokyeom, clearly drunk, said in a teasing tone, alerting everyone around him. And in no time, the others' attention was on him.