6. date and betrayal

10.41 AM

Another — not so beautiful — day started and yet, I am still lying looking probably lifeless on my bed. I woke up almost an hour ago but I still haven't been able to bring myself out of the comfort of my duvet. It's the only thing that's been giving me comfort ever since Cheol left last night after getting a call from him.

Ever since he left, I've been creating every single possible scenario in my head of what could be happening between them and what they could be talking about.

I haven't even talked to Joshua this morning — which is a routine for the both of us ever since I moved here — because he had to leave earlier for work today, so he just left me a small message telling me he'll call me when he gets home.

Do I plan on telling him about yesterday? No. Not yet. I'm not ready to talk to him about it yet even though I'm aware that talking to him is probably the only way I can feel better right now. I don't know how to tell him everything. I don't know how he's gonna react. I'm not ready for whatever he's gonna say to me.

Sigh. Even lying down here for this long is getting boring now. Should I just go to the hotel and tell dad that I wanna start working already? Because there's nothing better I can think of that would help me get him out of my mind.

The doorbell rang loudly, startling me by the sudden loud noise. Who would come to my house at this hour? There's only 4 people who know my address. Seungcheol, my mom and dad, and Mr. Yoon. But the last option is impossible because he would never show up unannounced. So there's only 3 options.

I pushed myself up from the bed and quickly ran in front of the mirror to check myself but I almost screamed seeing my terrifying reflection on the mirror — even a ghost would be scared of me — I quickly fixed my hair while running towards the door, praying that it's not my parents. I definitely don't want them to see me like this. Nor do I want Cheol to see me this way but he has already seen me and he knows what I'm going through, so he wouldn't be surprised.

As soon as my eye fell on the small screen in the doorway, I felt like a huge stone was lifted off my chest. It's Seungcheol. Not my parents. I don't have to explain my appearance to anyone. But I do need to make sure he doesn't run away after seeing me though.

I unlocked the door, slowly pulling it open while trying to hide myself behind the door — I don't want to startle him — "You there, darling?" He walked in and peeked his head behind the door. He had a playful look on his face but it disappeared and was replaced by a worried look as soon as he saw my face.

"You look terrible, I won't even hide it. So go and freshen up and doll yourself up because you're going on a date with the most handsome man in the world" He pushed me towards my room, walking along with me. "What? What date? Handsome man who?" I bombard him with questions.

"A day-long date with the most handsome Choi Seungcheol, your bestest of best friends" I abruptly stopped on my track, turning on my heels to face him. I looked at him with a questioning look while he just smiled at me and pushed me into my room. "Do what I said. I'm not gonna wait more than 30 minutes"

11.25 AM

Though I'm still confused about what he's trying to do, here I am, standing in front of the mirror, checking myself in the reflection. I look fine I guess. I decided not to do much with my outfit because he's wearing pretty casual clothes himself so I should do the same, right?