Duryodhana's anger

Seeing karna approaching his tent, bhisma tries his best to hold back his tears and pretend like a Stern warrior which he has to be for the upcoming war.

Before karna came near the tent, bhisma ordered the guard to say "no" if anyone  comes to meet him and further warned  the guard if he even mistakenly break his order, he will get death penalty.

The guard informed the same to karna that bhisma pitamah wasn't interested to meet anybody at this time. He has to wait till sunrise. Karna firmly said that he wasn't come here to converse with a guard and then he shove the guard away without any sympathy before stepping inside the tent.

Pitamah gets angry on karna and turned his back against him. Karna says that he has a question which is not letting him to rest, if bhisma answers the question then he will go away without taking his time.

Bhisma replied if he has any questions regarding his banishment from participation, then he knows the answer. Karna sighs and asks again that he just came here to know "why he loves pandavas and not him when he is the elder brother of them?".

Hearing this, bhisma felt a wrench in his heart, bhisma was unaware that karna also knew his birth truth and yet he is willing to fight against his younger brothers.

Bhisma turned his back to karna and this is the time when karna saw a soft corner of bhisma. A powerful warrior who is almost undefeatable in battlefield, has a face which completely washed with flood of tears. Karna stood near bhisma and tries to console him like a grandson tries to console their upset grandpa.

Karna asked bhisma if he knew that he is a kshatriya, why he is not allowing him to fight in the battlefield. He further agrees that he knew pandavas are his brothers, but he is living in debt of duryodhana which could only be re-paid if he sacrifices his life for him.

To which bhisma replies, "o karna, the son of god surya, the duty of a true khastriya is to fight their own battles instead being fighting to pay someone's debt, if you are leaving the side of duryodhana to join dharma it's not wrong, you are choosing a side which is the only path of mukti".

Before bhisma completes, karna asks then why bhisma is fighting from the side of kauravas knowing they're wrong. To which bhisma reply "I'm not leaving in debt of anyone like you my son, I love my kingdom hastinapur, anyone who comes to fight against hastinapur, I'll hold my bow and target my arrows against them".

Karna utters softly "what should he do in this concern? what is right for him? What's moral and what's immoral"?

Bhisma tells karna to do whatever Shri Krishna ask him to do, there is something in him which is not common in other human. If he choose Krishna he will surely show him the right way.

When karna thinking over this with a rational mind; he sensed someone else in the tent when he turned back he shocked to see duryodhana along with shakuni standing next to them.

The eyes of duryodhana are filled with anger & revenge. Karna realized that duryodhana heard his conversation with bhisma & he was standing here all the time.

A/N :-

The next chapter surely going to be  amazing and going to prove as a turning point for the story.

Stay tuned :-)