Karna challenges drona

With the beginning of 5th day of war, drona who is now appointed as commander-in-chief starts working on his planned strategy. He keeps firing arrows which destroyed pandava's one akshauni army in just few minutes.

Pandavas were worrying about their army- yudhistira orders arjuna to fight with drona and stop him in further destroying their army until they plan a good strategy.

But, arjuna was again hesistating to pick weapons against his teacher, he had done that earlier, but today his mind was playing with his emotions. Yudhistira looked at arjuna and understands his perplexity. He asked karna to stop drona, karna agreed and moved towards drona.

Karna stopped drona's arrows by creating a transparent wall with his arrows, drona angrily looked at karna- drona shouted at karna announcing that he is not interested in fighting with him. He demands to send arjuna or yudhistira to fight with him as he is like to fight with only khastriyas not with a low caste person.

Karna got hurt by drona's statement, but Krishna relieves karna remembering him that he is not a low caste person. Karna asked drona to give him a fight like every warrior gives to another warrior.

Drona laughs and conceitly replies that a sutt should not call himself as a warrior. Duryodhana asks drona to kill karna and teach him the lesson he deserve. Drona couldn't refuse duryodhana's order. So, he started fighting with karna hoping karna could give away easily.

They both showcase their skills and a point came when drona couldn't stop himself from praising karna's skills as he succeeded in breaking his bow which can only be done by someone who is a greatest archer.

Duryodhana become enraged seeing how drona praising one of his enemy. Shakuni stopped duryodhana before he confronts drona, shakuni reminds duryodhana to not show his anger on drona as drona is the only person left in their side who could able to get them victory, if he get insulted he will undoubtedly leave their side.

Bhima kills another 10 brothers of duryodhana and called him to see their lifeless bodies. Duryodhana angrily shouted at bhima and rushes to him. They had a fierce duel, bhim decided to kill duryodhana and end the war. But, duryodhana was not a weak opponent. He was giving a equal duel to him. Also, bhim kept duryodhana as his last target.

Arjuna focused on destroying kauravas army and he challenged ashwattama for battle. Ashwathama accepted and they both engaged in the fierce fight. Arjuna significantly injured ashwattama and this news reached to drona, who out of infatuation for ashwattama starts attacking on karna with his full might.

Karna tried his best to tackle drona's attacks, but drona's arrows tried to Peirce karna's kavach which is nearly impossible. Drona gets extremely angry when he learns who injured ashwattama. He decided to kill arjuna and save his son from him in future.

Drona tries to go near ashwathama, but karna stop him. Drona then decided to use brahmastra against karna as it's the only weapon which is able to kill karna as the kavach couldn't protect him from such a destructive weapon.

Krishna realize what drona was about to do. He with his sudarshan chakra masks sun to create illusion of sunset. As the war is restricted after sunset, drona didn't called brahmastra and left the duel to join ashwattama.

After some time, Krishna calls his sudarshan chakra back as the sun finally sets.

At night, duryodhana was unhappy as drona failed to kill karna in today's battle. Drona proclaims that till Krishna is with him he couldn't kill karna as drona witnessed how Krishna protected karna by faking the sunset with his magic.

Duryodhana asks shakuni about solution to this problem. Shakuni reminds duryodhana that karna still follows the ritual of giving charity every morning, if they ask him his kavach in charity he couldn't deny as it was his dharma.

Dushasana curiously asks shakuni why karna donate his kavach to them, when he might already knew about their plan.

Shakuni grinned and says, if dronacharya go to asks karna's kavach, he will surely give him as his righteousness not let him to say no to a brahmin.

Dronacharya firstly expresses his unacceptance to this. But, ashwattama convinced him to do so.

Will Karna's kavach taken away from him?

[A/N :

Abhimanyu's death won't be added in the story. Because, it drags the story line and as the main plot revolves around Krishna and karna, the war-parts must be ended very soon.

Sorry :-D ].