Chapter 4: A Personal Maid

The Eagle Union dorm building was relatively quiet as you walked through its halls with Hornet and the two Royal Navy maids Edinburgh and Sheffield. It wasn't a surprise to you seeming as everyone was still probably on high alert down at the docks.

"I only hope now there are few days for everyone to wind down before another attack happens. There needs to be time for you all to rest." You spoke after a lengthy silence.

"You ain't wrong there! I'm already plannin' out how I'm gonna spend my down time!" Hornet said with her hands on the back of her head.

"That's good to hear. You really are quite different from Enterprise aren't you? You seem more laidback and calm than her." You commented causing Hornet to chuckle.

"Yeah I guess I can be! I am nothin' like my sister! But that doesn't mean I'm any less effective in battle! I'll still get the job done when ya need me to!" She said triumphantly.

"And I won't ever doubt that. Enterprise really needs to take a leaf out of your book. Just to get another perspective on life. That not everything needs to revolve around fighting." You said as Hornet sighed and nodded her head.

"I've already tried tellin' her many times but she won't listen. The situation with our older sister Yorktown has really gotten to her I can tell." Hornet said.

"Ah...I had kinda forgotten about that. I have heard about her condition. Do you know how she is right now?" You asked Hornet who shrugged.

"I dunno. Been so busy with everything that's been goin' on that I really haven't had time to check! I'm just hopin' that when a repair shop arrives, I'm able to get some word on her. Until then, I'm kinda in the dark." She said as you nodded your head.

"I'm sorry." You apologised.

"Hey! You don't need to apologise! It ain't your fault at the end of the day! But it's nice to know that you care." Hornet said, smiling back at you.

"Tis my duty to look out for all of you and talk about anything that may be bothering you. I'm here to listen, no matter what." You said.

"You rock you know that? Hardly known you that long, and I already like ya!" Hornet replied as you just smiled back at her.

At that moment, one of the doors just down the hallway opened and out stepped a girl wearing a maid outfit similar to the ones that Edinburgh and Sheffield wore. She closed the door again before looking up, a soft smile spreading across her face when she saw the group of you approaching.

"B-Belfast!" Edinburgh called out as the girl up ahead started walking to meet you halfway.

"If you are all here to check on the condition of Miss Enterprise, then let me assure you that she is just fine. She is sleeping now is all." Belfast said as you all stopped once you met each other.

" Belfast said as you all stopped once you met each other

Light Cruiser Belfast

"I shall check on her condition again tomorrow morning. But for now I have other duties to attend to. Luckily, you have made this easier for me by bumping into me here." She said before looking at you and curtsying.