Chapter 5: The Human Side Of Life

Enterprise hurriedly made her way across from her room in the Eagle Union dormitory to the main offices that housed your quarters and commanders office.

She had been awoken by one of the Royal Navy maids at a time which made her panic, since she thought it was sloppy for her to awaken at a later time than she usually did.

However she did get the reassurance from the maid that it was all perfectly fine, though this was something that she didn't exactly take too seriously.

When she arrived outside of your office, she knocked on your door as the Royal Navy maid in question caught up with her, having to jog to do so.

"M-Miss Enterprise! Please slow down! I have told you that it is fine! The commander said to let you rest as long as possible!" It was Edinburgh, whom you had requested to go and collect her.

"I'd still rather not break my schedule. I need to be alert after all." Enterprise responded as the door to your office opened, revealing Belfast.

"Ah! Wonderful timing Miss Enterprise! Thank you for bringing her Edinburgh." Belfast said as Edinburgh bowed.

"Y-You are welcome Belfast." Edinburgh said before being dismissed by the more senior maid.

"Please enter Miss. The commander is waiting." Belfast said, opening the door and stepped out of the way so Enterprise could step in.

The Grey Ghost stepped towards your desk as you lifted your head and smiled warmly at her, which surprised her slightly.

"Good morning Enterprise! Did you sleep well?" You asked as you gestured for her to sit down in the chair facing you.

"Y-yes commander...I did." She replied as she sat herself down.

"Although...I wish I was awoken earlier, since I knew that I failed to report to you yesterday." She said as she bowed her head.

"For which I apologise." She continued.

"There is no need for you to apologise Enterprise. You outdid yourself yesterday and you were exhausted. You were lucky that Belfast was there to intervene otherwise your injuries could've been worse." You said.

"That is true. I am indebted to you Belfast." Enterprise said, acknowledging the efforts of the Royal Navy maid.

"You are most welcome Miss." The maid replied.

"Anyway...there is no need to report on yesterdays battle Enterprise. I already got what I needed from Hornet." You said as you watched Enterprise's eyes widen slightly.

"Is my sister okay? I can't really remember too much before passing out..." She said as you nodded your head to ease her nerves.

"She is fine, as are all of the other girls whom you saved. I wanted to talk to you today about things away from combat." You said as Enterprise tilted her head.

"Commander?" She asked, puzzled.

You smiled and stood up from your seat and gestured towards the door. Belfast then walked over to the door and opened it, waiting for you and Enterprise to walk through.

"Let us take a walk. It might help a little." You said as Enterprise heeded your gesture and walked over to the door with you in tow.

Once outside of your office, Enterprise turned to look at you as the three of your began walking along through the halls.

"So...why exactly do you want to take this walk?" She asked, the smile on your face still present as you turned to look at her.

"Sometimes a change of scenery makes it easier to talk about certain things. The cool sea breeze is a perfect example." You said.