Chapter 14: The Spoils Of War

Once you had managed to safely get Edinburgh and the injured Sheffield onto your ship, everyone started to make their way back to the fleet. However you didn't get too far when you were stopped by Edinburgh.

"H-Hold on one moment master...we brought a girl from the Sakura Empire with us! Sh-she was running away after being caught spying on their secret operations with the siren!" Edinburgh explained.

"Ah yeah Sheffield did mention that. Where is she now?" You asked Edinburgh who shrugged.

The look on her face told you that she was very worried about this girl they had rescued.

"H-Hold on!! P-Please don't leave me, nya!" A voice called out from close by.

When you looked around, you quickly spotted a small girl walking through the mist. She had green hair and cat ears that stuck out of the top of her head.

"Over here, nya! Don't leave me behind please, nya!" She said once spotting you as she made her way over to your boat as quickly as she could.

As soon as she got close enough, you reached over the side and grabbed onto her and helped her on board. Once she was sat down, you quickly got moving again. No part of you wanted to stick around due to the looming threat of an attack, despite the Iron Blood's retreat.

When you felt you were clear enough, you emerged out on the small deck of your boat to check on how everyone was doing.

Sheffield was awake again now, but still looking in quite a state. It was more exhaustion than anything else which you could understand since herself, Edinburgh and the small cat looking girl had been hiding in those buildings for quite a while.

They would have needed to be alert the whole time too, not having an opportunity to properly rest with the Red Axis on their tail.

"Sheffield! Are you okay? Are you really badly hurt?" You asked the maid as she turned her gaze to look at you and shook her head slightly.

"I will be fine...master. Your concern...is appreciated though." She said as you smiled at her and nodded her head.

"We'll make sure that you get some proper rest when we get back to base! Don't you worry!" You said as you stood up straight and turned to the green haired girl.

She seemed a little jittery, but settled a little when she saw you looking at her.

"So you're the one that Edinburgh and Sheffield rescued. Got yourself in a little bit of bother, huh?" You asked, crouching down.

"Y-yeah...you could say that, nya..." The girl replied, trying to forget about what had happened with the siren.

"Well...you're safe now. Don't worry." You said trying to reassure her before you cleared your throat.

"Anyway, I should really introduce myself. My name is Y/n L/n, commander of Azur Lane. And you are?" You introduced yourself, before offering the girl a chance to do the same.

"I'm Akashi, the only repair ship in the whole of the Sakura Empire! It is nice to meet you Shikikan, nya!" She introduced herself, a large smile now adorning her face.