Chapter 16: Normal Life Around The Port

A/n: This one's a bit longer than usual. I wanna try and release longer chapters from now on, which will mean there will be slightly longer waits between them. Also, I will be updating my other stories too.

Hope you're all enjoying the story! I have really gotten into Azur Lane, so am enjoying writing this story!

-Alan :D

~

Ever since you had arrived at Azur Lane you had been closely observing the girls whenever you were out of your office. It was a joy to see just how casual all of them could be despite their main purpose was to fight.

If anything, they seemed to be making their purpose become even more than that. Which is why you wanted to try and help Enterprise do the same. You knew she had it in her, you just needed to get through that tough, battle hardened exterior.

And you were slowly doing that by spending more time with her. In the few days after the meeting about the black cube, you had been working on securing it and how best it should be defended.

Of course being your secretary, Enterprise helped you with some of the decision making and any work that had been missed out.

"Hey Enty. Let's go and take a walk around the port. See what everyone else is up to." You said, standing up from your seat. It had been a fairly busy few days and you knew that it would benefit the both of you if you put a stop to work and took a proper break.

One that actually involved stepping out of the office, instead of sitting around and drinking cups of coffee.

"Is...this really a time to be doing that? There is a lot of work that needs to be done." Enterprise replied.

You nodded your head and walked over to her, gently grabbing her arm and bringing her out of her seat.

"Of course we do. I already know that you're always ready at a moments notice and there is a lot that needs to be done, but let's at least try and enjoy some of the downtime. Yeah?" You said, waiting for her response.

It did take her a few seconds, but she eventually sighed and nodded her head. Smiling, you started to drag her out of your office and out into the fresh air.

Once again, it was another beautiful day. Ever since you had arrived at the base you had been blessed with some of the best weather that could be offered, and today was no exception.

"Nice day huh Enterprise?" You asked her, wanting to make some small talk as it had gotten silent between you both.

"Hm? Oh...I suppose it is yes. Although it seems to be the norm around here." She said as you hummed in agreement.

"It's surprising honestly. Not complaining at all though, seeming as it's a nice change to what it's like where I grew up." You said, taking in a deep breath of the fresh sea air and exhaling again.

As she watched you, Enterprise could see the slight look of concern still in your eyes. It was only very subtle, but it was still there. You were trying your best not to think about all the business with the black mental cube for now, wanting to just enjoy a little bit of time away from your desk and out in the sun.

However, you still couldn't get that image of the destroyed port out of your head. It had been stuck in there for the last few days, and hung over you like a shadow.

"You are still troubled aren't you, Y/n?" Enterprise asked, feeling comfortable addressing you by your name instead of your title.

You turned to look at her and at first wanted to deny it, but then realised that you really shouldn't keep anything from her. Especially when you would always encourage her to open up and talk to you.