Chapter 9: Cloak And Dagger

The base seemed to quickly burst into life soon after you had finished your breakfast. While taking a walk around, you were continually greeted by every girl that passed by you and Belfast, on their way to do whatever it is that they wished to do today.

"So where exactly will we find the Dragon Empery girls, Belfast?" You asked the maid.

"Just down this path and on the beach. You'll be pleasantly surprised with what you'll see." She said as you nodded and took her word for it.

The smell of food entered your nostrils as you got down to the beach. There were a queue of girls waiting outside of what looked to be a stall that had been set up by the two Dragon Empery sisters.

You were surprised like Belfast said you would be, but you were also really impressed that the two girls had managed to open up the stall in such a short space of time.

"Wow...that is really impressive! They opened a stall and are selling food?!" You exclaimed.

"Mhm! It is a true show of defiance in the face of adversity. A true example of what we should all strive to be." Belfast said as you nodded in agreement.

Everyone seemed to be really enjoying the food they were serving too, excitedly conversing amongst themselves as they ate at the stand.

"UGH!!! WHY AM I EVEN HERE IF I CAN'T MAKE THEM RIGHT?!"

Well, nearly everyone. The quick to temper destroyer Hamman of Eagle Union was helping the two Dragon Empery girls out with their stall. Unfortunately she seemed to be having a hard time doing so and was becoming increasingly frustrated.

"Don't worry! You're doing a great job!" Ping Hai said reassuringly.

"Ping Hai! Stop eating all our merchandise!" Ning Hai said straight after, noticing that her sister was holding one of their sweets in her hand.

As you approached, everyone seemed to turn their attention to you, excited smiles spreading across all their faces.

Cruiser San Diego (Left)
Destroyer Cygnet (Middle)
Aircraft Carrier Saratoga (Right)

"Hey Commander! Fancy seeing you here!~" San Diego joyfully addressed you as Saratoga scurried round to join her.

"Are you here to try the sweets as well?! They are really good!!" She cheered as you chuckled.

"I might as well since I'm here." You said, glancing at Cygnet who was taking small bites from her panda shaped treat, avoiding looking at you.

While you hadn't been there too long, a lot of the girls had taken the time to introduce themselves to you. Most of them finding the time to do this when you sat down to eat in the canteen. The times you went to eat had been differing, but there almost always seemed to be at least a few girls there eating too.

"Hey...Cygnet? Are you okay there?" You asked as she jumped a little and let out a quiet squeak as a small blush formed on her face.

"I-I'm okay...I-I just got a little embarrassed with you watching me eat..." She said, hoping that she didn't make you upset at all by being honest.