Chapter 10: An Anxious Wait

After receiving the go ahead from both you and Queen Elizabeth, Sheffield and Edinburgh were discreetly ordered to deploy and set off to the Sakura Empire base.

With this being a mission focused entirely on intel gathering and espionage, there would be no contact from two maids until after they had left the Sakura Empire island. This meant that it would be a hard wait for any kind of response from them.

"I can tell you are slightly anxious." Belfast said as she stood next to you while you were sat in your office.

"And it is very normal is feel that way. Rest assured, Sheffield and Edinburgh will be absolutely fine. By now you should know too that they are efficient and highly skilled." She continued.

"I know...it's just like you said, it's my normal reaction to be so anxious. Espionage is high risk high reward. What will happen to the both of them if they are caught?" You asked as Belfast shrugged.

"That would be up to the leaders of the Sakura Empire. Of course any sort of vile treatment would be met with appropriate force. But I do not think they will be captured. All of us know the maid corps are trained to execute any sort of task or undertake any sort of mission." She said.

You nodded in acknowledgment, knowing that Belfast was right and her reassurance was enough for you to drop the subject for now. There was nothing anyone on base could do but wait for the two Royal Navy maids to get in contact again.

A knock came at your office door and Belfast went over to open it. To neither yours nor Belfast's surprise, it was Enterprise at the door. She quickly walked in and up to your desk as if she was in a hurry.

"Hey Enterprise, what can I help you with?" You asked.

"I-I apologise for not reporting sooner Commander! I...did not have my usual wake up call this morning." Enterprise said, bowing her head slightly in apology.

It took you a moment to figure out why she hadn't been woken up, but you quickly remembered that it was Edinburgh who had been making sure to get her up in the mornings.

"Ahhhh...yeah. It's fine Enterprise. You don't need to worry about waking up late at all! However if you want an early wake up call while Edinburgh is gone...then I'm sure Belfast would be more than happy to fill that role." You suggested as Belfast hummed in agreement.

"Uhh...yeah that's okay with me. I'd prefer it if I were awoken early." Enterprise said.

"Wonderful!" You cheered as the phone on your desk started ringing, prompting you to pick it up.

"Commander! I need you down at the docks! A delivery has arrived for you!" Vestal said from the other end of the phone.

"Oh! I'll be right there! Thanks Vestal!" You said as you put the phone down and stood up from your desk.

"Come on! We need to get down to the docks! I think my ship has arrived!" You said, your excitement clear for the two girls to see.

Not wasting any time, you walked out of your office with Enterprise and Belfast following close behind. You walked with a real pep in your step as this was something you had been really looking forward to.

"There is always such an air of innocence around him. Perhaps the fact that he is still so young is the reason why. He is still doing a phenomenal job so far though." Belfast thought with a soft smile on her face as she watched you.

"I've been through so many battles and servers with so many different people, but not one has ever treated me the same way that he has. He's so patient even though being a commander must be stressful. Especially at his age." Enterprise thought as she watched you too.