Chapter 12: Mobilisation

The rest of the evening was quite enjoyable as you spent it conversing with everyone that came over to your table in the cafeteria. All the while, you had Laffey happily sleeping with her head on your shoulder.

It surprised you that she managed to stay asleep the whole time, especially since it did get a little loud at points. But she seemed quite happy to sleep there against you, and it was very hard to wake her up again.

You took the time over the next few days to properly organise yourself now that you had Enterprise as your secretary. She slotted into the role exactly like you expected her to. Plus, she seemed to be enjoying it as well.

"I would say you made a wise choice appointing Miss Enterprise as your secretary, Master." Belfast said to you as you were taking a break during one of the afternoons.

"She's a hard working and very capable individual. Alright she is stubborn and it takes a few tries to get her to take a break, but I guess her attitude does make things easier for other people." You said as Belfast hummed in agreement and pushed a cup of tea in your direction.

"Indeed." She said before standing next to you.

"Though...did you consider me at all for the role, Master?" Belfast asked, sounding as if she was hurt.

You looked up at her to see a slight frown on her face as she placed a hand on her chest. This was something you weren't really expecting since Belfast was busy all the time anyway.

She not only took care of you, she still had her duties with Queen Elizabeth. Surely she didn't want even more work to be piled on her, right?

"I-I did...b-but I thought you already had so much on your plate! I don't wanna overwork you Belfast..." You say, worried that you would upset her even more.

A moment passed before that frown on her face turned into a smirk as she leaned down and gently brushed some dirt off your uniform.

"Oh I am just teasing you of course~." She said as she chuckled.

"It is very sweet of you to consider my situation, Master. You are right, I do have many duties to attend to. I still would not have minded the extra work, but appreciate you thinking of me." She said, smiling brightly.

Upon seeing her smile, your cheeks went slightly red as you turned your face away and cleared your throat.

"Y-you're welcome Belfast." You said before picking up your cup and sipping your tea.

She chuckled lightly and pulled a chair over next to you and promptly sat herself down in it. When you looked over at her she just smiled.

"If you don't mind, I have no duties to fulfil for the moment. Would it be okay if I spent some time here with you?" She asked.

"Of course it's fine." You replied while smiling back.

"Thank you, Master." She said.

You both sat there and conversed for a while, enjoying being in each other's company.

~

You laid in bed at night, unable to sleep as you were thinking about everything that had been going on. How you had been flung right into the deep end with no real idea what you would do.

"I have no idea how I would've coped if everyone wasn't this welcoming and supportive. Sometimes I do wonder why they need a commander, since they already seemed pretty organised anyway..." You thought.

"Though I guess the fact that different factions split off into separate alliances is the main reason why I'm here. At the end of the day, I do think that I have to try and unify everyone back together. It's our best chance at beating the sirens!" You yawned and rubbed your eyes as you turned yourself onto your side.