The tongue of a snake - A puppet

(⁠◕⁠દ⁠◕⁠)

His grandmother was livid. Yoongi could tell just from a glance, and he knew this expression pretty well. This expression hers was the same face she wore when she and his mother fought many years ago.

Yoongi was just honest. He told her that Taehyung would pick him up tomorrow. She was shocked, didn't understand how he could contact the man when his phone was brand new. She bought that phone for him, and she knew that there was no one in listed as contacts there but her and her trusted butler. Oh, and emergency number, of course. Yoongi knew she would bring this up, so he told her that he remembered his telephone number.

She looked at him like he grew an extra head suddenly and it was self-evident that she didn't believe him. Yoongi wanted her to trust him, but she was tough to convince. He just wanted to go home-with Taehyung. Yoongi promised Taehyung.

His grandmother let out an exasperated sigh. "I thought you are scared of him." She reminded him, her eyes bore into his, she was searching for an opening to see if he was just joking with her.

"I love him," he said confidently. His grandmother pinched the bridge of her nose, apparently not amused by his sudden declaration.

"You are not going anywhere, Yoongi," she said, eyes observing him like a hawk. "Not with Jungkook, not with Taehyung. If you are going home, you are going to your parents' house." She said in finality, leaving no room for argument, but Yoongi didn't want to accept it.

"He is my home," he stood up from his chair, successfully held back himself from yelling at the older woman. "I don't understand why it is so hard for you to understand, Grandma."

"Because you came here seeking for sanctuary-safety," Grandmother Mirae stated, she narrowed her eyes at him. "From both men and I'm providing you with one, tell me one good reason why I would give you to one of those men you ran away from."

Yoongi clenched his jaw, realizing his flaw. His brain was whirring inside his head, thinking for another excuse to use, he needed one, fast. "I contacted him after you left," he lied, but it was meant to be, he couldn't tell her that Taehyung easily broke inside her home regardless of her tight security. His grandmother knitted her eyebrows in displeasure at his confession. "I wanted to seek closure, and for that, we need to talk. So, that was what we do. I realized from our conversation that I love him, and he promised to protect me, to love me, Grandma."

"How do you know that he didn't lie to you, Yoongi?" the older woman asked, clearly not persuaded by his weak excuse. "You know exactly what he is like."

"He loves me."

"You have told me that twice," his grandmother snapped, Yoongi took a step back. "Remember that he is the main cause of your ruined relationship with Jeon Jungkook, and if the rumors about him are true, then you need to be wary rather than hopeful."

Yoongi's hands curled into fists, and he bit his bottom lip to prevent himself from lashing out to his grandmother. She didn't understand. "I can make my own decision. I'm an adult."

"Yet, you don't act like one."

Yoongi felt like he got stab with an invisible knife. Grandmother Mirae's words sunk into his heart painfully. She looked angry, disappointed, and tired. Her hair still tied in a tight bun, and she even wore the same outfit that she used going out earlier. She looked guilty for a second after his face turned morose, but it quickly disappeared, replaced with a look of indifference that she usually used.

"He will visit here tomorrow to pick me up," he told her again. Anger was starting to flare inside him, and he didn't want to argue further. He didn't want to hear her trying to reason with him. He watched as her expression turned cold.