Caught in between

(⁠◕⁠દ⁠◕⁠)

Have you ever thinking of leaving me, Yoongi?"

Kim Taehyung's question came out of the blue. Not really one that the younger expected came from this selfish man at all since he knew that whatever Yoongi's answer was, it must appease him. But, when Yoongi tilted his head a little to look at him, Taehyung looked strangely... vulnerable.

"I have," Yoongi honestly answered. He waited for the usual retaliation from him, one that usually made Yoongi felt guilty and lulled him to stay close with its saccharine tone. "Several times."

"Now too?" He asked again with a soft voice. His arms tightened around Yoongi, pressing their naked bodies together. Taehyung pressed a kiss on the back of his ear, and he nuzzled his nose there. "You said you love me."

Yoongi closed his eyes, not answering immediately. He felt weird, like winning some competition, which he didn't expect to win-an odd victory against this egoistic man. Taehyung had made him suffer all those months, forcefully exposing Jungkook's lies to him even when he tried to cover his eyes and ears-making a mess of his heart, his love. Yoongi couldn't even describe this feeling that he had for Taehyung.

Hatred?

Love?

"Yoongi, I love you," Taehyung whispered right beside his ear, making him shiver.

He only smiled and let himself immersed in the warmth of Taehyung's embrace, pushing the other resurfacing thoughts back to the furthest part of his mind. It has been two months since they started to live together-two months since Yoongi chose Taehyung over Jungkook, pretending to be a fool lovesick, jumping from one red flag to another.

He didn't want to define this feeling he now harbored toward Taehyung. Yoongi believed that months of close exposure and sex, months of emotional dependency, and fear had led his brain to see Kim Taehyung as the newest subject of his affection. Something that Yoongi couldn't even deny because as much as he wanted to despise Taehyung-he couldn't.

Yoongi didn't even try to search for any news about Jeon Jungkook. Not after all of those deceitful lies and massive betrayal. But, he also had to admit that he himself was not innocent in this whole ordeal. Even though the relationship he had with Taehyung started as something to save his ex-lover from doom, in the end, Yoongi chose to indulge in it. He found comfort in Kim Taehyung's embrace. One way or another, Yoongi was a shameless cheater.

"I love you too," he said in the end. Yoongi turned around to see the rare expression that he saw before on Taehyung, but the older had managed to school his face back to his usual closed-off one.

Taehyung seemed to notice the disappointment on Yoongi's face and leaned closer, pressing their foreheads together. A soft chuckle slipped past his lips.

"Don't leave me." For once, the words sounded like a request rather than an order. Yoongi could sense the victory that he felt before back again.

"Yes."

"Don't ever leave me." Now, it sounded more like Taehyung, but Yoongi didn't mind.

"Of course, Hyung," he said softly. Yoongi's traced his fingers on Taehyung's sharp jaw, to his neck and down to his chiseled chest. "But..."

"But?"

"If you dare to leave me, I will make sure you regret it," Yoongi murmured. He dipped his nails to the hollows of his collarbones, purposefully trying to incite pain and marks on the skin. Taehyung looked like he caught off guard for a few seconds before he laughed. He looked delighted.