Do I know You?

Hey, if ur a guy, I'm so sorry bc in the other POVs you will be referred as a her/she bc i don't wanna write they/them, I would confuse myself. (Also bc it's Jax x FEMALE reader.) 😭 I'm so sorry.

You can look however you want, and you are dressed like a fortune teller. Like crystal stuff. I'll explain later.
Luv u guys ❤️

Y/N POV:

Damn you wish.com!

The floaty teeth guy doesn't seem to notice me. Instead it's a Jester girl who's eyes widen. She seems like a shy person. My two years as a security guard had taught me to read people really well and my gut and instincts work more than my brain when in a crisis.

Pretty sure this is considered a crisis.

The jester girl whispers something to a redhead Wendy's doll. Dolly smiles, waves and signals me over. I slowly scoot in their direction.

"Caine! We have a new member!" she yells to the floating dentures.

"My, my, my! The second human this week!" He says cheerfully.

"Ugh. Caine, we already rewrote the song for Pomni, do we need to redo it for this new sucker?" I turn to the voice and see a two meter (6ft) tall rabbit.

He looks down at me and grins. He has the same smile as I do, except I have a feeling that his was genuinely a troublemaking smile.

"Your short." He says looking at me sideways, his smile not changing a bit.

"I'm not that short, you're only 3cm (about two inches) taller than me." I mumble quietly.

(5'10)

"Yeah, whatever you say sweetheart." I stare at him. He reminds me of a friend I had in 11th grade.

"Do I know you?" I ask him.

"Idk, what's your name?" He says grinning. I feel like I would regret telling him, but I'm sure he'd get it anyways.

"Umm... Y/N." His grin falters. All of a sudden everyone is looking at me.

"What? Did I say something?" I ask, confused.

"Well, normally people forget their name when they enter the digital world." He says, the smile back on his face.

"Umm. Ok. How do I get out?" I ask. I see some people look at me warily.

"Ya can't. Your stuck here darling." The purple rabbit responds. Sheesh talk about insensitive.

I shrug. My life was bland and the only person left for me back there was Amira, but she moved back to Thailand a day ago.

"Ok. Whatever. What are you guys called?" I ask. Everyone stares at me.

"Don't you have anyone there you would miss?" The redhead said worriedly.

"Nah, I lost it all when I was 19." I said shrugging again. "Anyways i really need your names otherwise I'm just gonna call you 'ma'am' or 'sir'" I say.

Jax was the purple bunny
Ragatha was the doll
Gangle was the ribbon with the mask
Kinger was the chess piece
Zooble was the weird modern art project
Pomni was the jester.
Caine was the floating dentures.

Got it.

"Umm, this may be a little overwhelming." I hear Ragatha say behind me.

I snort.

"That's the biggest understatement of the century." Jax's smile widens.

"But let's show you to your room." She continued and smiled. I return the smile. I could tell Ragatha was a kind person. She reminded me of...

my Mom.

I try to push the thought to the back of my mind and follow Ragatha.

"I can show you the grounds later on." I hear Caine say suddenly from behind me, causing my instincts to kick in and almost punch his right eye. I gasp.

"I'm so sorry, you startled me it's all."

"It's alright, newcomer, just remember, violence is NOT tolerated here in The amazing digital circus!" He says winking before poofing out of existence.

I continue following Ragatha down the hall when suddenly,

"Wait!" I hear Someone yell behind me. I turn. It's Pomni. "Can I come as well?" I smile in response and nod my head.

"Hold up. I'm coming too." Behind Pomni is Jax, I'm wary of him and his intentions but I guess im judging too quickly I nod again and let Ragatha lead the way.

"This is where we sleep at night. We don't need to but it's nice having a bit of a routine."
I nod, trying to follow along. I thought all of my years as a security guard would make me witness the max amount of weirdness but apparently not.

I think I'm having a headache.

Jax POV:

Jeez another character right after Pomni? Two times in a week? I never thought that was possible until now.

I liked Y/N anyways. Her sass, mostly. She does remind me of someone but I brush it off as nothing. Maybe it was her looks or something but those always change when you enter the digital realm.

Yeah that must be it.

But the thought is still nagging me at the back of my head.

Also why on earth is she dressed like that?

Y/N POV:

Ragatha explains a few more things that might've been helpful but I'm zoning out. That is until I pass a mirror.

"HOLY $&@¥!" I stare at my face as the group comes to a stop. I don't even realize my words being censored I just care about what's in the mirror.

"Christ, I'm a fortune teller?!?" I look down at my outfit. I was wearing some kind of a dress that billowed down to my ankles and changed from blue to purple from time to time nothing much, accompanied by a cloak that reached my stomach and had an impossibly large hood that was outlined in gold with a veil and OH so many jewels.

[I didn't even like jewelry!]
[I didn't even like dresses!]

I stare in disbelief at my new attire. My body was fine, just as it was when I was in real life, but god the clothing was so unfamiliar!

I feel someone tap my shoulder I wince at the odd feeling and turn around.

It's Jax.

"Oh, come on, you'll be fine. I turned out to be a rabbit so you have it lucky. So stop complaining and let's get a move on." Other people would've taken it as rude but I noticed that it was more playful than mocking.

I stick my tongue out cheerily and smile at him before I start heading down the hallway with Ragatha gesturing for him to follow.

Jax POV:

...

Did she just smile at me?

1086 words! Small chapter Ik. I'll do better I promise! C ya next time!