Your Eyes Are Windows to your Soul.

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
Uncensored swearing (for some parts)
Gore (blood n stuff)
Spooky voodoo stuff

If you're triggered by any of this I suggest you stop reading and skip to the • • • marks

Jax POV:

I bolt upright in bed, in a cold sweat, I quickly get up and try to calm myself down.

No, I can't abstract.
I wouldn't ever forgive myself if I hurt Y/N.
Emotionally or physically.

I hear a knock at the door. I groan but slip out of bed anyways to answer.

"What the $&:@ do you-" I stop myself. It was Y/N.

"Hi Jax! Just wanted to make sure you weren't dead." She says, probably ignoring the fact that I sweared. Well not really because of the censoring but you know.

"Thanks." I grumble.

"I know you don't want to but I'm still forcing you to participate in the adventure we made for Caine so be ready in 5 minutes, and no excuses otherwise... well I found a really cool knife..."

"Ok, ok! Jeez, no death threats please..." I quickly get ready before going outside, not wanting to know what she would do with her knife. We couldn't die here, but it didn't mean we couldn't feel pain.

I force myself out of my room, but I don't see Y/N anywhere.

"Y/N? If this is a prank I just want you to know it'll never work." I say smiling at the thought of her trying.

Suddenly I hear a hollow thump from a few meters (feet for all you American fellow)  beside me.

Confused, I turn around to see what made made the sound, only to see Y/N getting up and teetering around like a soulless puppet.

"Y/N? What the @&7# is going on?!" I hesitate to approach her. What if she hit me with the knife?

She starts mumbling a bunch of gibberish as she slowly lifts her twitching head.

That's when I see her eyes. Lifeless and completely white. She slowly smiles as a single bloody tear escapes her eyes.

Suddenly she falls to the ground again.

I rush to her side and check for injuries. She has bruises and her eyes were... bleeding. I stare in horror at the sight.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON?!

Darren POV:

I'm... sorry. I can't do anything about it. He... he has full control, HAD full control. Ever since the begin. I- I don't-I can't escape.

I-I can't-I can't... stop hurting her.

I. Can't. ESCAPE.

• • •OVER HERE!• • •

Y/N POV:

I groan tired and in pain. I don't know what's going on, all I know is that my eyes hurt really badly and that I was bruised all over the place.

I hear distant yells for Caine, but it soon fades away as I drift back into unconsciousness.

I wake up to someone shaking me gently.

"Y/N! Please wake up..." I slowly open my eyes to see...

"Ragatha?" I choke out, my throat dry. "What happened?" I ask. She looks at me worriedly.

"I was about to ask just that, but if even you don't know..." I try to sit up, but my throbbing head forces me back down. "Do we cancel the adventure?" She asks me.

I shake my head but wince at the pain it brought me.

"Are you sure? I mean, I get you're worried for Caine but..." she pauses and points at my head. "Well... you need to rest." She finishes.

I shrug, and get up, my knees buckling. I almost fall but someone catches me. And it wasn't Ragatha, she still had her hands outstretched from attempting to catch me.

"Thank you Jax." Ragatha says, heaving a sigh of relief.

"No problem, Doll." He says from behind me, setting me down like a baby. "Okay, you rest. Ragatha? Adventure's cancelled."

"What?! No! We already prepared and-"

"No worries, we'll clean it up." He looks at me sternly. I frown, but I'm too tired to argue any further.

I reluctantly nod as Jax throws a blanket on me, walking away like the jack@$$ that he is.

———

Ragatha POV:

When he said clean up, my first thought was NOT shooting down weird mice birds with darts.

"Jax! You almost hit me!" I say as one of the projectiles soar past my head. He smiles mischievously and continues to throw, completely ignoring me.

I was actually kinda surprised at his accuracy. I'm pretty sure he could hit them down in less than a second if he wasn't trying to scare me at the same time.

"Umm... I guess I'll put the cage away- Jax!" One of the darts miss my face by an inch.

"Oops. Sorry not sorry Rags~" I glare at him from where I was standing as I grab the cage with both my hands and dragging out of the tent.

——— few moments later ———

I come back in to find the dead mice bird in a pile by the stage, Jax went off to who knows where, and Caine had JUST decided to show up.

"Why hello there dear Ragatha! What on earth happened here?" He asks gesturing to the pile of the dead winged rodents.

"Oh... an incident happened..." I say, not sure how to explain. Luckily that seemed enough for him.

"That's quite alright! Just try not to do this again!" He says, and with the snap of a finger the pile of dead stuff disappears. "Well, where are the rest then?" He asks looking around.

I shrug.

"I'm actually not sure. Oh! Right, Caine, something happened to Y/N!" I quickly explain in general what Jax had told me, with every sentence Caine becomes more and more restless. By the end he was pacing around in the air, fiddling with his cane.

"So... do you know what to do?" I ask. He shakes his head and looks at me with a sad expression.

"I dont- I'm- well..." he sighs before continuing. "Just know, my dear Ragatha; the eyes are the windows to the soul." He says dejectedly, mumbling something to himself as he pops out of existence, leaving me standing there.

Alone.
With no company but the existential crisis he generously gifted me.

Word count: 1022
I'm back! So sorry school has been terrible. Worrying bout my grades n stuff. Anywho, I'll try to update the authors note as soon as possible, because we have a bunch of new lovely readers who will be mentioned! Now where was-

                                               They
              Are
                                    No
More
                                                                     More
     More
                     More
                                                     More
             More

                              MORE