Poor Caine. He's just Tired.

Jax POV:

I wake up. I'm snuggled in a blanket I don't remember getting.

Y/N is still in bed but she opens one eye and looks at me. She sits up, all her hair flopped to one side messily.

I do my best to hold back a laugh but I'm pretty sure that I'm smiling weirdly.

She quickly grabs a brush and combs it through her head not really paying attention.

"Thanks for the blanket." I say getting up and folding it messily on her bed. She smiles.

"Anytime." Suddenly she hugs me for a solid second before reluctantly letting go, leaving me flustered and probably really red. "Thanks for taking care of me." She says her smile widening.

I don't respond, still stunned about what just happened.

Y/N POV:

Jax's face was priceless. He was blushing so hard and he looked confused.

I giggle and usher him out of my room.

I quickly change and brush my teeth before rushing outside to find Jax back to normal.

"Are you ready, darling~?" He says flashing his trademark smile. I roll my eyes but smile back anyways.

"Yeah, if I wasn't I wouldn't have come out." I say dragging him to the main stage for the weekly adventure.

Ragatha was already on the stage, sitting on the edge reading a book. She notices me and waves.

I smile sadly at Jax and head towards Ragatha, leaving him alone with Gangle who had just woken up.

"Y/N! How are you feeling? I heard you were sick yesterday." She says glancing towards Jax who had just tripped Gangle and broken her comedy mask again. I sigh but turn back to her.

"Yeah, I was. I'm fine now. What did you guys do while I was gone?" I ask, hoping I didn't miss anything too fun.

"Oh, we just finished up writing the theme song. That's all." I sigh relieved.

"Ok, that's good I didn't miss anything too bad." She smiles back.

———20 mins later———

"Where the @&#% is Caaaaaiiine...?" I ask Ragatha as I slump onto the stage with my hands spread out wide.

I look up to see Ragatha shrug. I sit up and see Jax approaching awkwardly.

I smile at him invitingly. He inches towards me almost even slower. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Be right back." I say quickly to Ragatha. I was only halfway to Jax when Caine pops in.

"The adventure is cancelled." He says unusually tired.

"What?" I blurt out confused.

"I SAID the ADVENTURE is CANCELLED." He responds irritated. We're all shocked.

Even Caine seemed shocked himself. He quickly poofs away, leaving a note that Pomni wearily picks up and reads out loud.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me, please forgive me." The shock still hangs tight in the air for the next 10 minutes or so, all of us stuck in place like statues.

Finally Ragatha clears her throat.

"Umm... what do we do now?" Silence.

"We should make an adventure for Caine!"

Kinger POV:

...

More silence.

Did I say something?