Christmas Special - Love Y'all!

Merry Christmas!
I'm going to write this in the 2nd person just to try new things out! Hope you don't mind the style!

Credits:
MangoHDLP
Thank you EVERYONE for your wonderful ideas!!
Kudos to:
Izzy_wolf75
Books-Tea_isAllUNeed

———
Author POV:

You're lying in bed, snuggling deeper into the fluffy blanket due to the increasingly colder tent environment, mentally groaning at Caine's choice.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" Caine's voice booms across the tent, scaring you out of your bed. You find yourself on the ground next to the bed, rubbing your sore back from the sudden fall on the ground.

Groggy, you wonder why he was being so loud today, when you remember it was Christmas.

Your mood instantly changed, you jump up, forgetting about your back. You run to the closet and grab your clothes, only to realize that it was all Christmas themed; all green and red, with fluff lining.

"Why...? Never mind." You quickly put it on, the sonic song playing through your head for some reason.

With nothing else needed to do, you quickly rush out the door.

Not paying attention to where you were going, you bump into Jax, literally.

"Oof." You fall, for the second time this morning, wondering why the gods were cursing you with this.

"Merry Christmas, sweetheart." He says, helping you up.

"Merry Christmas, Jax!" You say smiling. You grab his hand and start running to the stage, excited to see what Caine has planned.

You know that Caine has crazy ideas, but that's one of the things that made it exciting to wait for the day.

You don't notice it, being the dense, oblivious person you were, (not as an insult, just so that the story stretches out and doesn't rush right into the lovey parts) but Jax was blushing from the slight contact, scolding himself lightly for freaking out over such a small thing.

You finally reach the stage, letting go of Jax's hand to go check out the decor.

Caine did a surprisingly good job at the decorating, not a single misplaced holiday thing. Except for a lone pumpkin hidden in a corner carved in as Christmas tree, but we don't talk about that.

Slowly people start trickling in.

"Merry Christmas Y/N!" Ragatha says cheerily as she walks out, but when she notices Jax, her smile freezes, suspicion clear in her eyes.

"Merry Christmas Ragatha!" You reply. Noticing the look Ragatha was shooting Jax, you assumed that she was just tired. "Jax, today is Christmas."

"I know that."

"So don't even try anything."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"No pranks!"

He look at you unamused, but you just return the look with a face. You stick your tongue out and practically fly to Ragatha.

"Hello! I wonder what Caine has planned for today! He always has the craziestideaslikeIdont
gethowhe-" you ramble on. It's quite surprising Ragatha's ear hasn't fallen off, or gone numb, not that she has any in her digital existence. (not as an insult, I just really wanted to write that)

"Merry Christmas guys." You turn around to see who said that to be met with the quite literally triangular face of Zooble. (That's sounded weird to type)

"Merry Christmas Zooble!"

You guys greet each other and soon after more and more people start to come out; Gangle and Kinger, then Pomni and Darren in that order.

After everyone has exchanged a word of greeting, Caine pops out of nowhere and scares half of the life out of you. Again.

"Jeez, why does he really like to scare me." You mumble to Darren, who had taken a spot next to you.

"Well, you're easily scared." You snort at the remark as Caine announces some huge activity.

———later———

Eventually, it's dark. Gifts are taken from the tree, everyone picking one and looking at the names. Exchanging and flipping over gifts until everyone has gotten theirs.

You eagerly, yet delicately, pick apart the paper, pulling out an oversized sweater. You put it on, the weight making you fall for the... you've lost count how many times it's happened.

You giggle and stand up, Jax blushing at how innocent you were. He had decided not to wear his sweater, calling it 'really, really ugly.'

Eventually, the stage is clear of people, except you and Jax. Everyone else had gone to bed happily, but you, who wanted to keep Christmas going a little longer, stayed, with Jax who refused to leave your side.

Unbeknownst to you, Darren was watching you two. Words drifting into his ear, ############ him. Why should he do that? He... because... y-you?

You start to get sleepy, the day's activities having worn you out, your head starts to feel heavy, your eyelids slowly closing.

Subconsciously, your head finds a place on Jax's shoulder, causing him to freeze in place, flustered.

Your slow breathing a soft rhythm filling the tent.

Word Count: 810
Merry Christmas everybody! Sorry for posting this at night. You guys most likely will only see this the next day.

Well, im sorry.

I just HAD to have two sleepovers right before publishing. And I HAD to forget about it until the last minute.

Heh, I'm an idiot.
Love y'all!