5 Days Until the Wedding

CHAPTER FIVE

5 Days Until the Wedding

Alana's POV

Madam Louise is a gown maker in the North who lives in the village right outside of the Winterfell castle. Her shop is small from the front but once you step inside it is massive. Gowns and fabrics of all sorts everywhere. Colors. Every color imaginable. Colors that even in King's Landing I had never seen before.

She made me stand on a pedestal in the center of the shop while she took my measurements and put different colors next to my face to see what looked best with my eyes, my hair, and my skin.

"You glow from being in King's Landing. It will fade slowly the longer you live here." She muttered as she pinned a piece of silk to my current gown. "Who made this one you're wearing? Zelda? The one in King's Landing?"

I shook my head nervously. "No, my Aunt Selyse did. She's made me a few different gowns."

"Ah, Selyse Florent." She clicked her tongue and continued to pin different fabrics close to me. "I've seen her work before. Lady of Storm's End... You wouldn't expect her to make gowns. But she is talented."

Mother picked up a gown from the rack and examined it closely. "I like this style. I think it will accentuate Alana's figure."

"Easy to remove too." Louise said with a smirk. "A drunk husband on his wedding night doesn't want to fumble with buttons or too much of a corset. This one is made to the fit of the body, slides on and off with ease."

My stomach twisted at the thought of Robb having to remove my gown. I spent the last day completely avoiding him after he caught me spying through the window of my bedroom. He even tried to move the targets in the courtyard out of my view but Ser Rodrick Cassel yelled at him for it.

Pleasant to see if I'm being honest. Robb looked like he shrunk back down to the size of a child when Ser Rodrick started yelling at him and Gods did it feel good to know that other people are starting to see him for what he is.

A monster.

Except my little brother Tommen who just so happens to believe that Robb is the greatest man to walk this earth. All because he's spent so much as a day teaching him to use a sword and hasn't gave up on him.

Mother cleared her throat and Madam Louise looked at her and smirked. "Your Grace, I know I shouldn't say it-"

"Don't." My mother clicked her tongue but Louise went on anyways.

"I'm sure His Grace was piss drunk when he fumbled into bed on your wedding night. Old Ned Stark didn't though, Lady Stark makes it known he refused a bedding ceremony. His sons though? I doubt they'll turn down the opportunity to show off what they've got down below. Everyone knows the Stark boys are blessed by the Gods."

"Madam Louise!" Lady Stark shrieked with disgust and horror.

My mother blinked rapidly and looked at Lady Stark and the two of them shared the same horrified glare. Madam Louise was not one to hold her tongue. It's a pity it hadn't been cut from her head yet.

"It's fine..." My mother muttered. "Let her speak... With the way her teeth are rotting from her head it looks as though she won't be speaking much longer."

Myrcella covered her mouth as she burst out laughing. Sansa gasped and giggled as well while Arya, Robb's youngest sister, had tears streaming down her bright red face as she tried her best to stop laughing. Lady Catelyn tried to scold her girls but it was no use. All of us were laughing far too hard.