Things We Do for Love

CHAPTER NINETEEN

Things We Do for Love

Alana's POV

*CONTENT WARNING*

I could have dragged Jeyne by her hair all the way back to Winterfell with the natural high I had been on from the amount of power I felt in my veins. Her lies gave me more rage than the lie before. Watching her drag her feet with each step as Robb narrowed his glare at her was thrilling beyond words.

At one point she had the nerve to try to make conversation with Robb, with my husband, by asking if he'd like to hold Daeron. Robb scoffed loudly and shook his head followed by a solid, "Fuck no." as an answer. I couldn't help but laugh at her.

"He is your nephew!" Jeyne had argued. But Robb would hear no such thing. "Robb, he is your blood!"

"Barely." Robb muttered. "He's my bastard brother's bastard. He is nothing to me. Jon is dead to me for other reasons. Making your son dead to me as well."

"You are being spiteful to a baby," Jeyne sneered. "Daeron did nothing wrong. He did not ask to be born."

"Aye, you're right. He didn't ask to be born. But Aerion did ask for your loyalty. You failed to do that." Robb shot back with nothing but venom with each reply. And each time he chewed her up and spit her the fuck out. Just as she deserved.

Robb kept his steps fast and somehow made it to be around 10 feet ahead of us. Jeyne had turned to look at me and I felt her stare burning into me. I felt her eyes never once leave my body as she looked me up and down. Watching my steps.

She came close to me and I shuddered away but she approached again.

"When will you tell Robb?" She raised a brow. "When will you tell him that he will be a father?"

"Mind your business." I grit and sped up my pace to catch up with my husband.

As we arrived at the gates, Jon was in the courtyard with Ghost and Theon. Shooting arrows and laughing with one another. But those smiles and those laughs faded when they both caught sight of Robb and I walking toward the castle with Jeyne Kettleblack and her son.

Jon looked down and Robb went charging right at him. Robb warned me that Theon knew what was happening. Theon tried to jump in between the two but it was far too late. Robb had grabbed Jon by the chest and lifted him up in the air. His feet dangling as he tried to break free but Robb's grasp was too tight.

"Robb!" I shouted as I ran toward him but Theon put his hands up and walked me backward. "Theon, if you do not let me at least try to control my husband-"

"This needs to happen, Alana, trust me." Theon insisted. "Just stay back and protect yourself. It will get ugly."

Robb muttered words of anger and then tossed Jon onto the ground where he pathetically dropped onto his knees and gasping for air. He looked up at me and shook his head. Then his eyes fell onto Jeyne who stood there holding the baby in her arms.

"Is it true?" Jon coughed. "Is it- Is it true, Jeyne?"

She nodded with tears. "It's true."

"Boys!" Lady Stark shouted as she came hurdling down the stone steps. Rushing toward her boys who were fighting. Robb spit onto the ground and cracked his knuckles. Jon was on his knees in the dirt and looking up at Jeyne and then he stared at me.

Theon kept his arms up around me to keep me from running right into the middle of it. But I was still able to see and hear everything as I looked over his shoulder. As I looked at my husband who shook his head and then grabbed Jon by the throat and threw him down onto his back. Getting on top of him and punching him in the face repeatedly.