The Wedding Night

CHAPTER ELEVEN

The Wedding Night

Alana's POV

*SENSITIVE CONTENT WARNING*

Robb's hands were sweating in mine. Shaking and making it nearly impossible for me to even hold onto them. I kept my eyes on my hands and refused to let them meet with his eyes. This moment was the moment I'd think about for the rest of my life and I did not want to remember the disappointment in his eyes for having to take me as his wife.

We spoke our vows in a quick mumble and I'm shocked anyone had been able to distinguish that we were speaking the common tongue and not some made up language between the two of us. At this point I was wishing maybe we could have had our own secret language because there was too much on my mind that I did not want anyone to ever know slipped from my tongue.

Over Robb's shoulder I could see Jon and it infuriated me all over again. My eyes went back down because I could feel my lip curling into a sneer and flames shooting from my eyes. I took a long blink and felt the warmth of my tears sliding down my cheeks. Robb gripped my hands tightly and I slowly peered up at him.

"A kiss must seal this union," The Septon said and then he coughed into a rag and cleared his throat again. "Lord Stark... Princess Alana-"

"I know." I sniffled and then looked at Robb nervously.

Sweat beading and dripping down my spine and I knew that because it was an open back gown that anyone who was looking at me from behind could clearly see my sweat dripping like rain on glass windows.

Robb gulped loudly and leaned in. I shut my eyes and kissed him so fast before pulling away. Looking over to my mother who was in devastated tears. She knew I didn't want this. She, herself, never wanted this for me. Because it's exactly what had been done to her when she was forced to wed my father.

I had to restrain myself from spitting on the ground immediately after feeling Robb's lips on mine. Holding back a gag and even the bile that was burning the back of my throat. I dropped his hands and felt myself crying more.

But he reached for them again and held them tightly.

"Lord and Ladies..." The Septon said with a smile. "Prince Robb Stark and Princess Alana Stark!"

There was a roar of cheers but my eyes were blurred with my salty tears that burned as they welled in my eyes. Pouring down my face. I'm trapped here forever. Trapped here with a man I don't love and I know for certain does not love me.

-

Robb and I sat at the head of the table together. Looking over the entire hall as gifts had been presented to us. My Uncle Stannis gifted us a tapestry of a stag and a wolf together with a flaming heart between them while snow covered the scenery. He said it was the perfect balance of ice and fire. Although my Aunt Selyse made blankets and pillows for the nursery that would eventually need to be set up.

My stomach churned at the thought of it. Having to already plan for a royal baby that of course even my father would be controlling when it would arrive and how quickly it would need to be conceived. A year. I must be pregnant within a fucking year.

Part of me hoped I'd never have a child. That maybe I'd be sterile and unable to get pregnant. Maybe I'd just fall victim to one too many miscarriages. Perhaps we could just... Lie and say that's what had happened. How would my father know? He doesn't plan to stay here for an entire year.