The Young Wolf

CHAPTER EIGHTTEEN

The Young Wolf

Robb's POV

Alana and I stood in the courtyard while the royal carriages were being loaded and prepared for the journey back to King's Landing. Myrcella sobbed the entire time and Alana had to continue to wipe the poor girls face of tears and snot. Thankfully, my wife made sure the girl had a clean face before she hugged onto me and kissed my cheek.

"Take care of my sister... Please?" Myrcella said to me. "She's all I have in this world. I trust you'll be good to her."

I kissed Myrcella's cheek, the side that was the cleanest and I knew there had been no snot. "On my honor, I will take the best care of your sister, but you must promise to look after Sansa for me. Make sure she doesn't get into trouble and..." My thoughts drifted off. I knew she wouldn't be sneaking around too much with Joffrey. Not after what King Robert told me about him. "Make sure she's happy."

Myrcella must have been aware too. Because she nodded and smiled. "She'll find happiness. I promise she will."

Alana hugged onto her sister again and I couldn't help myself. I placed my hand onto her lower back and rubbed it gently. Letting her know that I am here, that I care for her, and I will comfort her when she's at her lowest.

A smile curled onto her lips as tears poured down her face. She looked at me and nodded slightly. Then Myrcella whispered something to Alana, something I couldn't make out and Alana's face reddened. She whispered back but again; it was so soft I couldn't hear a single word.

Joffrey approached me and shook my hand. "I had a great time on the hunt with you. I'm sorry we couldn't have spent more time together. Perhaps you and my sister could come visit King's Landing when the snow gets too bad up here? It would be nice to take a holiday and journey south where it's warm."

I nodded and shook his hand in return. "Perhaps you could show me around the King's Woods down there. We can hunt together again."

A loud chuckle came from him. "Sure, Lord Stark. Whatever you wish since you will be my guest the next time we see one another. Farewell, Stark."

"Safe travels, my future king." I bowed my head to him. "Enjoy your time with my sister, she can be a... A bit of a pain in the ass."

Joffrey laughed and shook his head. "You must deal with my sister and I will deal with yours. Perhaps it's mutual punishment for something we must have done wrong as children?" He joked. It was nice to hear him throw polite jabs rather than the insulting ones from before. "You're a good man, I'm sorry for not telling you that sooner. Or for realizing it until recently."

"You too, Your Grace." I replied. "Next time I see you, hopefully a crown will be set upon your head."

"And my ass on the Iron Throne? I doubt it." He rolled his eyes. "I'm not built to be a King... But you are."

"Excuse me?" I raised a brow.

"Nothing." He muttered and looked down. "It's nothing."

A single nod. "Write to us so we know you've arrived safely in King's Landing. I know Alana will be worried about you."

He laughed again. "She'll worry for Myrcella and Sansa. Not I, thank you for trying though, Lord Stark."

"Robb." I told him. "You and I are family now, just call me Robb."

He took my hand again. "Robb," He smiled. "My brother."