3 Days Until the Wedding

CHAPTER SEVEN

3 Days Until the Wedding

Alana's POV

The kitchens smelled amazing this morning. The kitchen staff and cooks were up all hours of the night preparing different samples of cake flavors for the wedding. And today we had the opportunity to try all of them.

I remember when my Uncle Renly was getting married to Lady Margaery from Highgarden they had the wedding in King's Landing and Renly had me help them pick a flavor for their cake. It was the most amazing experience and since that day I had dreamed of my own wedding and doing fun things like this.

Today won't be as fun because Robb turned the corner into the kitchens completely and utterly hung over. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's still drunk, as he holds onto the table and leans as though he's trying not to vomit with each cough.

Today my mother had Joffrey and Sansa chaperone us because apparently we can't be left alone for some reason. I don't know what my mother fears...Maybe that I'll put the biggest knife from the butcher's block into Robb's chest and twist it with a smile on my face? If that's her fear then maybe she's right to have us be chaperoned.

Joffrey walked up and down the tables and looked at each place setting with a small piece of a different type of cake or dessert on the plate. A few he sniffed and immediately tossed into the trash.

"Your Grace," The cook said to Joffrey. "Shouldn't Princess Alana decide for herself if she wants it to be disposed of or not?"

Joffrey rolled his eyes and waved his hand to shoo away the cook. "Ugh," He muttered disgusted. "My sister would never put raisins in her mouth. Or a wolf." His eyes narrowed with a glare at Robb was breathing heavily as he grunted and cleared his throat, turning a nasty shade of green.

"Robb?" Sansa said softly. "You don't look-"

In that exact moment he ran out the door and I didn't dare look. All I heard was the sound of him retching and the splat of it on the ground. I stared directly at Joffrey who rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"Good thing Mother insisted I come with you." Joffrey added. "I suppose your lovely groom won't be ingesting anything this morning or it may end up on the floor in front of us in a pile of... Wine or ale... Whatever he had been chugging all night long."

I glared at Joffrey and took a deep breath to calm myself. I was ready to throw Robb out of the kitchens completely when he came back in pale, sweating, and looking a bit more relieved after hurling his entire stomach's contents out.

"I'm fine." Robb muttered. "I think eating actually may help."

Sansa's eyes flickered with pain and remorse for him. I wish I knew why... What caused him to be like this. From what Lady Stark told me this behavior is not new. It isn't because he's being forced to wed me. It wasn't to scare me away but it's to hide from something that truly has been bothering him.

I want to feel sorry for him but I can't because he's bringing me down as he does this. He's going to completely hit rock bottom and take me there with him. If he had been kinder... More open to talking about things then maybe this marriage would work. But he's cruel. He doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself.

And my biggest fear in this entire marriage is losing who I am because of him. I know I have to give him a child or two... And I know that I will do it all alone. I will be a single mother who just happens to be married to their father.