The Fool

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

The Fool

Alana's POV

*CONTENT WARNING*

I've sat in the same spot on my bed for hours. Curled up in a ball and crying to the point of throwing up at least twice now. Robb doesn't believe me. Everything I've tried so hard to protect him from has just exploded in my face and made him hate me.

My intentions were never to hurt Robb. I never wanted to use that information against him and even when he spoke from anger and hurt I still never wanted to hurt him in return. I understand why he's upset. I understand why he said the terrible things he did and maybe he does truly feel that way about me but the delusional part of me thinks he does love me.

Even though he refused to say it.

I did though.

And I don't at all regret looking that man even if his back was turned and telling him that I fucking love him. Because I do. I love Robb Stark and even if I never planned on fall in love with him... Even if I sat there and swore to myself that I'd hate him for the rest of my life... I knew it was a lie because I fell in love with him and once I started to fall there was no stopping it.

I saw the broken side of him.

I understood the hurt and pain and he feels down to his core. No matter how much he pushes me away I'll never stop loving him. I'll love him when he tells me he can't trust me because he'd rather believe Jeyne. I'll love him when he's falling apart again. I'll love him when he's on top of the world and doing better than everyone else. I'll love him always.

But maybe I'm just a fool for feeling that way. Maybe we're just two natural disasters that cause nothing but destruction when they're together. But all I know is I love him and I love him too much to sit there and watch him walk away again like he did tonight.

The door opened and Robb stepped in slowly.

I wiped my tears and looked away from him. Unable to look at him with the fear of seeing the anger and resentment in his face again. He hung up his fresh cloak onto the chair and untied his boots before placing them by the fireplace.

Still not a word from him.

Grey Wind moved from right beside me on the bed to the foot of the bed again to leave Robb a spot to sleep in. He sat onto the bed slowly and took his shirt off before pulling the covers over himself.

Silence.

He blew out the candles that were on the nightstands and then laid down. I still sat there and it was like I was invisible. I finally turned to look at him out of curiosity and he was holding something in his hands.

The gloves I mended for him.

Robb placed them down onto the nightstand again and then laid back into the bed. Shifting his body until he was comfortable but then I realized his legs were unable to be fully stretched out because of Grey Wind.

"Grey Wind," I called to him and his head popped up. "Rug, now."

He jumped down and went right to the carpet by the fireplace where I've trained him to sleep on because I had a feeling he'd grown too much while Robb was away and would take up too much space in the bed once Robb would come home.

"Thanks..." Robb muttered as he stretched his legs back out.

"Can we-" We both said at the same time as we looked at one another.