2 Days Until the Wedding

CHAPTER EIGHT

2 Days Until the Wedding

Robb's POV

I'm a monster... She truly thinks I'm a monster... I stood outside the stables after hearing Alana talking. When she had ran out of the kitchens I followed out quickly to find her but she was gone. I paced the grounds until I had heard her talking and I stood in the doorway for a moment but Grey Wind caught me, so I quickly hid myself and just listened to everything she said.

"I want to love Robb, but I never will." Her voice wrecked me in a way I didn't think I could be wrecked in ever again. I don't want her to love me because I don't love her but knowing that she genuinely wants to love but knows that it will never in a million years happen... It does something to you.

Twists into you like a fucking knife to the chest.

Last night I didn't know what to do after I heard that. I was lost... So lost I didn't even drink. I didn't do anything but go and lay in my bed until all of a sudden the sun had come up and Sansa was in my room with a cup of tea and a tray of scones. Apple blueberry ones... My favorite. Clearly she wants to butter me up knowing it's only two days before I'll be even more miserable.

"Morning..." I sat up in bed slowly.

Sansa breathed out and sat on the bed. "You doing better today?"

I shook my head. "There's no fixing what I've done. She'll never love me and that's... That's horrible. I just want everyone to take a step fucking back and out of this arranged marriage and let me and her handle it. Let us figure out what we want and how we'll deal with things. But rather, Mother insists on helping. Joffrey sticks his frilly nose into our business and- and Jon just..."

"How would you even deal with it by yourself?" Sansa asked. "Because if I'm honest with you I don't see it ever getting better. I see her holding resentment for a very long time. Then it'll just become second nature to ignore you. Lord Umber's wife hasn't spoke to him since the day their son was born and that was... 24 years ago?"

Taking a sip of the tea and then swallowing a bite of the scone that was just absolutely delicious. I hadn't had much of an appetite but it's coming back now that my favorite breakfast is in my hand.

I looked at Sansa and didn't say anything for a moment. Just took another bite and wiped the crumbs from my lap. Her eyes glared at me and she opened her mouth to say something else but didn't.

"Grey Wind at least likes her..." I said softly. "She sat with him for hours yesterday."

Sansa rolled her eyes and gave a slight grin. Which quickly faded when she shifted uncomfortably from one foot to another. Staring down at me and waiting... Waiting for me to ask her "Are you alright?" or "Tell me what's wrong-"

"Sansa," I started when I could see the look in her eyes.

I knew she was going to bring it up. I could feel it. She's been itching to bring it up for days now. Something I've been avoiding for a long time... I don't even think about it. Madam Louise nearly got a reaction out of me the other day and I refuse to let it go further than that.

"You need to talk about what happened." She said in such a tired voice. "Mother is worried sick, Robb. All she does is sit in the Gods Wood half the time and do those mother's wreaths and pray for you. Praying that you'll stop this nonsense soon. That you'll be a good husband and a good father someday and that you'll be you again. Because all of this? It's not you. Aerion wouldn't-"