chapter 21

If you haven't prayed your salah please pray this book can wait but your salah can't 

Happy reading …

Mannat p.o.v

" How are you ? Did you settle well? " My mother asked on the phone. I sat on the edge of the bed of the guest room . 

Yes, from now on this will be my room . I have decided not to cross paths with Zunaid since he hates my presence and for the sake of my self respect I have to keep my distance from him too .

" Yes mom.. everything is good here Alhamdulillah , how is dad ?" I miss my family so much. I have grown so close to them in these years that now it's physically hurt not to be around them .

" He is good but missing your absence all the time " I smiled at her words .

Parents are the biggest blessings Allah the most merciful give us . Sometimes as children we misunderstood them thinking they don't understand our emotions or needs but all they try to do is protect us from the harsh reality of life .

After talking to mom I went to the Zubi room to check if she woke up but the room was empty . I frown

" Zubi ?" I called her out in panic .

Rushing I went downstairs I closed my eyes in relief when I saw Nanny playing with her surrounded by toys on the couch .

" You are here " I breathed in relief and was about to take her on my arm but suddenly she was picked by Nanny before I could .

a look of puzzlement/surprise crossed my face. " What's wrong ?" I don't understand her behaviour .

" Umm ma'am " she avoided my gaze, increasing my puzzlement .

" Ma'am , actually sir ordered not to give you Zubi " my eyes widening in disbelief, as if a sudden jolt of electricity had coursed through their veins leaving them momentarily stunned.

" He- he …. said what ?" I almost couldn't believe my ear when I heard " Did he really?" My voice barely came out of my mouth as tears started to form inside my eyes .

I could feel the pitiful gaze of the nanny over me . 

How. Dare. He ? I clench my fist gulping the humiliation I just felt .

" Where is he?" I ask as calmly as possible .

She looked taken aback " he is actually '' I closed my eyes as I felt patience running out of my system .

" Tell me clearly where is he?  " I gritted out every word politely yet my red face must have shown how mad I am . As fear swirled inside her eyes .

" UP-upstairs' ' looking up angrily I marched toward his room with determination in my eyes, storming up the staircase, frustration radiating from every step. My hands clenched into tight fists, I reached the landing and barged through the door to Zunaid's bedroom.

Zunaid, a suave and immaculately dressed gentleman stands in front of the mirror, meticulously combing his hair. He catches a glimpse of my furious entrance in the reflection and adjusts his coat with an air of nonchalance.

" How dare you ask Nanny to keep Zubi away from me '' I yelled breathing heavily 

Zunaid puts down the comb, his gaze meeting Mine through the mirror. 

" Simple, I don't want you near my daughter " 

Hearing his words my anger intensifies, my voice quivering with frustration." And who gave you the right to decide that ?" 

Zunaid turns to face me, his eyes cold and unmoving " I am her father , I have every damn right " he gritted out angrily . His eyes burning with hate .

" I am her mother too " I shot back .

" SAMIYA IS HER MOTHER " I jump at the moment he shouted suddenly , realising his mistake he compose himself " don't try to take her place and don't you dare to influence my daughter " 

" Influence ?" 

" I want her to be like Samiya, not like you a spoiled brat, '' he spat bitterly . I could see the disgust in his eyes .

My face reddens with anger but I had no idea what to say . My heart bleeds as every word coming out from his mouth stabs my heart .

I lick my shivering lips " okay… O had enough " I said walking close to him.

" I . Had. Enough Zunaid Khan " I took his full name .

" I married you for Zubi , I left my family for Zubi , I am tolerating your nonsense behaviour for Zubi " my voice started to increase with every sentence " so you don't tell me that I should keep my distance from my daughter and if you do " I poke his chest maintaining our eye contact " then don't forget I am a spoiled brat and I know how to get things done in my favour ''

Just because I am trying to understand his pain and situation does not mean I will tolerate his idiotic behaviour or disrespect .

With a final fiery glare, I spins on my heel and storms out of the room, when he holds my wrist and pushes me to the nearest wall .

" How dare you defy me ?"  He whispered / yelled .

my heart raced with fear and confusion as Zunaid forcefully pushed me against the nearest wall. The impact against my back sent a jolt of pain through my body, but it was nothing compared to the shock of Zunaid's anger consuming him. His face, so familiar and once filled with love, was now distorted with rage.

In that moment, I felt a mix of emotions, primarily a deep sadness that our relationship had reached this point. How did we end up here, where anger and aggression took precedence over understanding and compassion? The physical distance between us was nonexistent; our bodies pressed together, and our breaths seemed to merge into one.

Yet, for that brief second, something shifted in Zunaid's eyes. Perhaps it was a flicker of recognition, a glimmer of something . I sensed a momentary hesitation, as if his anger had momentarily slipped away, replaced by something else

Third person p.o.v

He a step forward, closing the distance between them, his body oozing 

Zunaid's anger slowly softens, replaced by an overwhelming desire. He reaches out and firmly places his hands on the wall, trapping Mannat between himself and the hard surface. The sexual tension between them is palpable, their eyes locked in a heated exchange.

Mannat's eyes widen as she tries to break free from the invisible force field pulling them together. Her heart races, and her voice wavers as she responds.

" Please let me go, " Mannat whispered while her face heated up .

Suddenly something flicked inside Zunaid as he came back to reality .  He took several steps back as if her closeness was burning his senses .

Avoiding her face , he walked out of the room while Mannat released the breath she was holding for so long .

_______________________________________

Another update . Hope you all are liking the story so far .

What's your thoughts on this chapter .

To know more about Mannat and Zunaid don't forget to follow my Instagram ID secretwriter1396