Chapter 29

If you haven't prayed your salah please pray this book can wait but your salah can't

Happy reading

Mannat p.o.v

Looking at my reflection in the mirror , I couldn't help but feel a wave of depression wash over me . The person staring back at me appeared exhausted , her eyes heavy with unshed tears . How could I have been so blind ? I've decided to make our marriage work , hoping we could overcome the obstacles that stood in our way .But today , as I gazed at my reflection , I realised it was futile .

Zunaid's love for his first wife , My sister , would always be stronger than his love for me, no actually he doesn't even have any kind of feeling for me. It didn't matter how much I tried ; I could never compete with the memories they shared , the history they had built together . Standing there in front of the mirror , I felt like a stranger to myself . Who was this woman who had been so desperate for love that she had willingly accepted second place in her own marriage ? I had sacrificed my happiness , my identity , all in the vain  .

But now , I am done . I couldn't keep living a lie , pretending that things were okay when they weren't . The question that haunted me was : should I give up ? Should I walk away from this marriage that had brought me nothing but pain and disappointment ? It was a terrifying thought , but I knew it was the right one. I couldn't spend the rest of my life vying for Zunaid's affections , constantly comparing myself to my sister . I deserved better than that, Zubi deserved better , she should not be brought up in a traumatic environment where her parents fought like cats and dogs.

As I pondered these thoughts , tears streamed down my face . 

Since that day I have refused to talk to Zunaid. He doesn't want to give me a place in his heart , So be it .

" Mama ! " I turned around at the Zubi voice who was playing on the bed .

" Yes Baby " I went to her with a tired smile 

" Mum.. mum" I smiled at her way of asking for water .

Bringing the bottle closer to her mouth , she sip her water slowly .

I cannot leave her…. She deserves a mother…. 

Are you again becoming a selfish Mannat ??  I look at my doppelganger at the edge of the bed .

Shocked and scared, I stood up immediately .

" I - I am not " I defended myself .

" Ha ha ha " she laughed, falling her head back .

" Liar " she seethed angrily .

" I am not !" 

" You are … you wanted to escape from this prison but forgot that you have a child's life on your hand " I glanced at playing ,  Zubi  a tear slipping from my eyes .

" I know, " I whispered .

" So how can you be so selfish leaving her? Do you really want her to grow up without a mother ?" ..

Her questions made me speechless …

" No " I whisper as the woman in front of me fades…

In the dinner…

I didn't went downstairs first I didn't have appetite second I didn't wanted to see those three people face , who despise me the most .

Suddenly a plate appeared in front of me . I look at the owner and my eyes immediately look away . I don't know why but now it feels so wrong to even look at his face .

" You haven't eaten since morning , eat something " He sat beside me , his face filled with concern .

I sit a little far , his body stiff at my behavior.

What? He wants it right ?

" Mannat " he called out but I just stared at the floor , the design of the tiles were more interesting .

" Mannat I am-" ..

'' I want to go home " before he could say anything I demanded straight directly into his eyes .

" Wh-. But why ?" He was genuinely confused .

" I want to go home, " I repeated without explaining .

" No !" He immediately stood up .

I frown " but why not ?''

" N- no just why do you want to go , I cannot go with you right now " he shutted yet his voice held anger .

" I am not asking you to go with me , I want to go home. '' I stood up too .

I don't know why but his refusal made me really angry .

" Zubi needs you " he gave an excuse .

" I am taking her with me " I cross my arms.

My frown deepen , his face look so distraught but why.

He stayed quiet, trying to find a reason .

" I cannot stay away from Zubi, " he said after a while .

" You sometimes don't even meet her for weeks ! Are you serious? I WANT TO MEET MY MOM AND DAD ZUNAID , ARE YOU REALLY WANT ME TO STAY HERE AND BEAR YOUR INSULTS AND YOUR AUNT ?".  I shouted at the top of my lung and he looked really taken aback, so was I .

What the hell is wrong with me ??....

Am I really becoming the old Mannat ?

_________________________________

Almost after a month I updated , hope you all are going to like it . Now Zunaid's wrongdoing is coming to bite him soon.

Are you guys ready guy's ??

Shower your love , positive criticism or anticipation about next chapter on comment section I would love it