Chapter 28

If you haven't prayed your salah please pray this book can wait but your salah can't

Happy reading...

Mannat p.o.v

As I made my way downstairs, my heart weighed heavy with the words of the argument Zunaid and I had just moments ago. Misunderstandings and hurtful words of Zunaid casted a shadow over what was supposed to be a joyous dinner celebration. The glistening chandelier above me seemed to mock my internal turmoil, its dazzling crystals reflecting a world that felt so far removed from my own.

With each step, I hoped for a sense of solace that would drown out the echoes of our disagreement. I yearned for a reprieve from the tension that had been building between us, but little did I know, fate had a different surprise in store for me.

As I reached the bottom of the staircase, my eyes scanned the room in search of any signs of my husband. Yet, they were immediately drawn to the sight that lay before me. There, stood my ex-fiancee, Omar, engaged in a seemingly intense conversation with my Zunaid. The sight of them together, their faces etched with shocked expressions, sent a shiver down my spine.

" Omar?" I whispered shocked at his unannounced visit to my house .

My mind raced, desperately trying to make sense of this unexpected rendezvous. How could Omar be here? What connection did he still have with Zunaid? I wracked my brain, searching for a reasonable explanation, but only found uncertainty and disbelief.

In that singular moment, time seemed to stand still. The chatter and laughter of the guests faded into the background, replaced only by the sound of my own racing heartbeat. I felt a cocktail of emotions bubbling up inside me .

I took a sharp intake as Omar's eyes met mine mirroring my expressions.

" Mannat" I heard him whisper and Zunaid frowned at him then turned around to look at me .

His eyes met mine and the previous hint of anger shown in his eyes . He was quick to look away .

Third person p.o.v

the atmosphere feels heavy. Mannat sits on the kitchen counter her face buried in her hands, her shoulders trembling with quiet sobs. Her tear-stained face reflects her pain, her heartache, and her vulnerability.

Suddenly, the kitchen door creaks open, and Omar steps into the room. He notices Mannat's distress and rushes towards her.

" You okay ?" Omar asked concern filled his eyes . Somewhere still his heart ache to see her like that .

Mannat jump at little alert at his presence her eyes red and puffy from crying.

" Mannat are you okay? Is Zunaid treating you okay ?" Suddenly there was an urge in his chest to protect her .

He back out of this marraige because he wanted to lessen her inner turmoil to give three people a happy family but never he imagined to see Mannat at this state .

Did he made a mistake backing out of that marraige ?

" I am - I am okay " Mannat stood up trying to get out of the kitchen .

Before she could get away he held her wrist much to her surprise .

" Tell me, Mannat. What happened? Why are you so broken?"

" Omar you cannot -" before she could ask him to remove his hand Zunaid entered and his eyes felt directly on his hold .

Mannat p.o.v

" After every guest left I went to my room much to my dislike . I have started to dislike this room it's make me feel suffocate .

Taking a deep breath I entered my room .

" So he is the guy , you are supposed to marry " he ask as soon as I enter the room.

Our eyes met through the reflection of the mirror without answering I went to washroom to change .

After changing I came back only to be pulled harshly toward Zunaid " What is wrong with you " I hissed trying to push him away .

" Never walk away from me " he gritted angrily .

" You have no right to disrespect me " I gritted out .

It felt like he was searching something in my eyes " New confidence ? Because your ex fiancee back " he mock much to my shock .

" You are sick , Zunaid Khan " I spit bitterly struggling to get away from his grip .

Suddenly his balance slip and we both fell on the bed , me on top of him .

How the hell we alway end up in this situation.

Third person p.o.v

Soft, warm candlelight flickers in the room as Zunaid and Mannat  ,Their feet get entangled, causing them to lose balance. Zunaid lunges forward, stumbling onto the bed. Mannat, caught off guard, falls on top of him.

Their eyes lock, and for a moment, time stands still. The emotional intensity between them is palpable, enveloping them like an invisible force field. Their bodies have become a tangled mess, each breath echoing through the room. They feel the desire pulsating, but their hesitation lingers.

A faint blush spreads across Mannat's cheeks as she tries to regain her composure.  Zunaid slowly reaches up, his hand hesitatingly tracing the outline of Mannat's face. She holds her breath, desire etched into her every feature.

Suddenly , Samiya face flash in front of his eyes and with a blink he came back to reality .

Mannat realise the change of emotion feeling embarassed she quickly move away .

Without uttering a word Zunaid walk out of room more angrier than before .

How could he betray Samiya ??

" Did you saw her face " Gohar laugh and Zunaid feet stop automatically .

" How could she so stupid to fall on your trap " She laugh again much to Zunaid confusion .

" Today Zunaid must have shown her place in his life " Sumaiya Aunty smirk .

" Did she really had no idea it's Samiya dress " Gohar ask confused .

" No…I didn't told her " truth reveal , Zunaid feet falter in disbelief .

______________________________________

Good day my lovely reader's hope you like the chapters .

Do you think Omar entry going to spice up the story between Mannat and Zunaid ?

Did you catch the upcoming chapters sneak peek reel on my Instagram account secretwriter1396 .

If you did drop your comment and tell me if I should make more reels on upcoming chapters ...