Chapter-4

Samiya p.o.v

I kept roaming in my room from one side to another keep looking at the door desperately waiting for Mannat to return I was scared

" Please come soon Mannat " I murmur, biting my lips if Ammi gets up and finds out that she is not home . Mannat will be grounded for sure .

And knowing Mannat it will make her behaviour worse , I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't realise Mannat slammed her purse on the floor and glared at me.

" What the hell do you think of yourself " she seethed out much to my confusion .

" What happened, Ammi found out? " I tried to cup her face but she jerked my hand .

Okay I won't lie that her behaviour didn't hurt .

" Why are you doing this to me? "She stepped a little. I could see her beautiful eyes shining with tears . She got this beautiful innocent-like feature from Ammi .

I was puzzled at her behaviour 

I was just trying to save her …. didn't I

" Manny what happened ?? Why are you so angry? " I tried my best to keep my voice as gentle as possible . I learned it from my father , he told me once if someone is angry make sure you are not because it makes things worse .

Instead of answering , she just kept staring at me intensely . I could see the thousands of emotions swirling in her eyes , and the one I hated to catch was…..

HATE…..

In the morning

" Assalamualaikum Ammi and Abbu " I joined them at the breakfast table .

" Walekum assalam ready for college ?" Dad chews his toast .

" Do you really want to become a doctor? " she frowned .

I shake my head … he asked me this like a hundred times. I feel like he thinks I want to become a doctor because of Ammi because she is a doctor too .

She had a dream of making Mannat a doctor too but her results were enough to make her believe that it would be enough if she just graduated with any degree .

She was quite hurt and that's where I stepped in and mentioned that I wanted to become a doctor too . She was so happy but it doesn't mean it was entirely her wish .

It's been my dream since my teenage years ….

" All the best my baby " Ammi kisses my forehead and a cheerful smile appears on my face .

" Good morning everyone "  our attention went to Mannat who just pulled a chair opposite mine , her eyes stared at the hand of Ammi which was on top of my head then she smiled . Her smile was as cold and lovely as frost on a windowpane.

My heart dipped a little as I am trying to make our relationship better. It's turning out to be bitter .

" Have breakfast " I stood up to serve but her hand signalled me to stop .

" I have hands you see" she showed her both hands sarcastically .

I felt a little hurt but smiled to not make it obvious in front of my parents .

" There is also something called manners you see?" Ammi raised her eyebrows and smiled sarcastically .

I could see the hint of anger bubbling in Mannat's eyes .

Oh lord please not again…

I glance at my father quietly begging from my eyes to stop the world war about to start on the breakfast table .

Before Mannat could open her mouth, luckily dad spoke .

" Zubair and your sister coming for dinner tonight everyone please be present in the evening " then stood up " and I would be grateful if you both keep the decency in front of them " he eyed between Ammi and Mannat then left .

I sigh " okay Ammi getting late " I get up .

" Bye " I wave leaving those two alone . Hope the house doesn't explode .

" So how was your exam yesterday? " Mehroz asked, taking the notebooks from my hand .

" Give it to me on time" I remembered the last time it took her a month to return which pissed me off so bad .

" You are such a bookworm " she made a face .

" Goody two shoes , everyone's favourite " she said in a high pitched voice. It was a joke but my heart dropped a little. It reminded me of the Mannat word .

Does she really hate me ??

" Hey what happened? " she stopped in front of me.

I sigh why I am so readable …

" Because you are innocent " she replied to thoughts in my head .

My eyebrows automatically furrowed on her .

" Stop pressuring your little head and tell me what's bothering you " she dragged me to the canteen . We ordered our stuff then sat near the corner table .

" Nothing like that, " I answered unassuredly .

" You do realise I am your best friend and let's just not forget you are an open book " she munches one of the fries .

Her words made me smile a little .

" I think Mannat doesn't like me anymore , I use to be her favourite person but now she started to maintain distance … sometimes she behaves so rudely , I…I don't what I should do to make her feel better "

" Simple " my eyes brighten up at her talking about ideas .

" Ignore " she spoke and I threw a pen at her ..

" You are such …." I stop myself from saying something mean .

" See this is her problem , you are too good , it's makes her jealous "

" But why? " I cannot think of anything. I mean , she is prettiest , smartest and let's not forget more courageous than me. Why would a girl like her be jealous of me?

" She is a spoiled brat Samiya , she wants all the attention which you get fortunately , she saw everyone love you but what that idiot doesn't see the effort you made for everyone that's makes them love you "

" You know Samiya there was a time I used to get jealous too but your goodness was so strong that it melted my heart " she shook her head " I don't know what kind of a heartless girl she is " she murmured slowly but I heard her .

" Hey don't say that …. She is my sister and a very nice girl by heart " I defended .

" Nobody believes that, not even her own parents, " she snapped .

I was about to argue when my phone started to ring .

My heart started to beat faster as I stared at the screen .

" Your prince charming calling isn't it '' my head snapped at Mehroz who had a knowing smirk on her face .

" It's - it's nothing like that " my finger shivers a little before swiping to the right .

" As- Assalamualaikum " I felt almost like a breathless whisper .

Why do I always feel like this with him?

" Walekum assalam can you come outside? " I close my eyes at the softness in his voice .

" Umm yeah … coming " I immediately cut the call and ran outside. I could hear Mahroz 'voice at the back but couldn't care less .

Zunaid is waiting…..

__________________________________

Who do you think Zunaid will end up with?