Chapter-17

If you haven't prayed your salah please pray this book can wait but your salah can't

Happy reading

Mannat p.o.v

" Mom! Dad ! No ! " I stood up, getting angry .

" How can you even say such a thing " I couldn't believe my own parent's …. I mean how can they even demand me to marry Zunaid ??? Like how and did they really forget about Omar ?

'' It's for Zubi sake Mannat… do you really want Zubi to grow up without a mother? " Mom tried to touch my shoulder but I moved back .

" So Zunaid can marry someone else. Why me? "  The frustration on my face is evident as I fight back tears. My parents appear worried and try to console me.

" How can you even think about this, Mom and Dad? It's just not right!" My lip shiver as I didn't want to cry .

" Mannat, sweetie, we understand your pain, but we have to think about Zubi's well-being too" my dad pleaded .

" But what about me, Mom? What about Omar?? I was supposed to marry him ! You want me to sacrifice everything and marry my sister's husband just for Zubi's sake?" 

They exchange glances, grappling for words to ease the tension.

" Mannat, listen to us. Zunaid is a good man, and we believe he could provide stability for both you and Zubi, " my mom said .

I stopped in her tracks, my eyes filled with disbelief and anger.

" So, you're asking me to erase Samiya's memory and replace her with someone else? Is this how we honour her?" I gritted out .

My mother's eyes become teary " Mannat, it's not about replacement, it's about moving forward. We still cherish Samiya's memory, but life goes on, and we need to think about Zubi's future " 

I take a deep breath, trying to control my  anger and frustration. She walks closer to my parents, my voice trembling with mixed emotions.

" Mom, Dad, you both have done so much for us. I respect the love and concern you have for Zubi, but pushing this marriage on me is not the way to solve the problem. It's not fair to either of us or to Samiya's memory " I said firmly .

" We just want what's best for both of you. We're trying to find a solution that honours Samiya's memory while providing stability to Zubi " my mother sounded desperate

My anger subsides slightly, and she sighs, the weight of the situation beginning to settle.

" I understand your intentions, but please understand mine too. Let me grieve and heal first, let me find my own path. Zubi will always have my love and support, but I can't force myself into a loveless marriage. It won't be fair to any of us, " I said, sounding tired .

" I think you should marry Zunaid " we all turned at the voice of Omar who was standing on the doorway with a bouquet .

My eyes widened slightly at his words " what are you .." my words faltered .

"  No one can take better care of Zubi than you … she doesn't deserve a childhood without a mother.  You have no idea how painful it is to live without a mother " his eyes started to shine in tears . 

My eyelid fell down. I know he had a terrible childhood because of his step mother . No one deserves a childhood like he went through and I cannot even imagine Zubi going through any of it .

" And what about you ?" I ask. 

He smiled a painful , heartbreaking smile " if it's fate , we will meet again if not then we were never meant to be together in the first place  " he wink and smile but I knew the sadness behind the mask. Gently he laid the bouquet on the couch . After greeting my parents he quietly walked out of the door and after years I felt empty again. .. I fell on the floor and cried my heart out.  My mother rushed to console me but I knew the upcoming days would be nothing but disaster…

__________________________________

What do you think about the chapter??