chapter 12

If you haven't prayed your salah please pray this book can wait but your salah can't

Happy reading…

Mannat p.o.v

As the day of my arranged marriage approaches, my heartbeat quickens and my palms grow clammy with fear. The very idea of this union, so meticulously planned by my family, evokes a sense of unease deep within me. I find myself caught between the traditional expectations that surround me and my own longing for autonomy.

Though I've always known this day would eventually come, I can't help but feel a surge of nervousness coursing through my veins. The uncertainty of what lies ahead tugs at my heartstrings, reminding me of the life-altering decision I am about to make. Will he be someone who respects and cherishes me, or will my voice be silenced amidst the echoes of a loveless marriage?

I close my eyes and attempt to find solace within the confines of my thoughts. I remind myself that the virtues of duty, trust, and loyalty are highly regarded within our culture. But still, I can't shake the trepidation that consumes me. When I agreed to this arrangement, I hoped it could bring happiness and stability, but now I question the authenticity of those hopes.

The thought of leaving behind the comfort of familiarity and stepping into a world of uncertainty is both daunting and exhilarating. What lies beyond the threshold of my childhood home? Will I find contentment and acceptance within this union, or will I become a mere puppet, trapped in a life dictated by others?

As conflicting emotions continue to wage war within me, I try to gather the fragments of strength I possess. I must be brave, for it is my destiny that beckons me forward. The weight of tradition rests heavily on my shoulders, urging me to accept this path with grace and resilience.

Yet, in the quiet corners of my reflection, I yearn for a love that transcends expectations and preconceived notions. I long for a partner whose smile can dissolve my worries and whose touch can ignite a fire within my soul. Can love truly flourish amidst the framework of an arranged marriage, or is it merely an elusive dream?

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't hear the doorbell ring twice . breaking myself into a train of thoughts. I lower my cup, setting it on the coffee table, and cautiously walk towards the door.

I opened the door to find a delivery man standing before me holding a stunning bouquet of flowers. I smile awkwardly, a tinge of curiosity in my eyes.

" Are you Ms. Mannat?" The man asked.

" Yes, that's me." I nodded in confirmation .

" These are for you, ma'am"

The delivery man hands over the bouquet, and me delicately takes hold of the flowers, my eyes widening with surprise. I spot a card tucked within the bouquet and carefully retrieve it.

My heart races with anticipation as I read the note aloud.

"To Mannat,
In the hope that these flowers put a smile on your face and calm your heart, amidst this arranged marriage journey we embark upon. With warm regards, Omar."

Mine eyes brim with tears of gratitude and understanding as I clutches the note close to my heart.

Unable to contain my emotions any longer, I sank onto the couch, cradling the flowers in my lap. I close my eyes and allow the fragrance to surround my feeling of warmth, tenderness, and appreciation.

As I take a moment to reflect, I realise that maybe, just maybe, this arranged marriage isn't as daunting as she initially thought. Perhaps there's potential for something beautiful to grow, if I allow it.

" Maybe this could be the start of something extraordinary." I whispered to myself .

With newfound hope and a lighter heart, I glanced at the flowers once more before placing them in a beautiful vase, symbolising my willingness to give this arranged marriage a chance.

Before the wedding day….

" I hope,  you know that I am not talking to you even when you come" I told my Samiya who just told me that her plane is going to land just on my wedding day .

Like seriously…she is my sister…!!!

She should be here in one month…

" Manny I am so sorry but Zunaid had an important contract with international clients that's why  …I am so sorry I am terrible I know" . Listening to her guilt filled voice my anger subsided a little .

" Fine but promise me , you will come before my wedding happens " I said sternly .

" Promise… promise…promise I will come before your wedding " we both giggle feeling excited.

_________________________________